Project Manager OE (US-O) - 9691 - Westerville OH (Westerville, OH)
NOTE: This position can be worked remotely from any city that has a major airport.
Project Manager OE
Are you an innovative thinker who can easily prioritize and communicate key points quickly? Do you want to have a direct impact on customers and the overall business strategy? Do you enjoy managing multiple projects at the same time with the responsibility to keep them on-time and on-budget? Do you feel that your skills of thinking outside the box and working across multiple teams, functions, etc. are in need of a new home?
If so, DHL Supply Chain has the opportunity for you.
In support of the North America growth agenda, the Project Manager will:
• Manages the implementation of medium to large new business start-up and other business projects with significant risk and complexity
• De-risks new business opportunities through to execution
• Manages start-ups to deliver upon promises to our customer and shareholders
• Assures Supply Chain culture, standards & business practices are deployed in new operations
• Implement strategic initiatives
• Manage overall planning, control, status reporting, stability and delivery of medium to large projects with high risk and/or complexity
• Ensure sales to delivery requirements are met for startups, to ensure successful delivery
• Establish and manage scope to ensure business case realization, including Deviation to Plan post go live
• Drive risk/ issue identification, tracking, escalation and resolution
• Manage the budget and resolve spending issues
• Manage communication and escalation at all levels of the organization
• Deliver best practice project documentation
• Provide support to the sales / bid management process, upon request
• Manage project performance against business cases
• Identify project resource requirements
• Implement previous lessons learned and drive continuous improvement
• Lead, drive and challenge the project team
• Facilitate Steering Team meetings to ensure senior team awareness and alignment
• Develop and execute robust Cutover Plans, which include all Operational, Systemic and Customer activities
• Prepare for and participate in Project Assurance Reviews
• Facilitate Lessons Learned and Project Assurance Reviews for Small – Medium projects that are led by others
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree or 5-7 years of experience within project management or operations related field, required
• Professional project management certification e.g.-PMI PMP, preferred
• 5-7 years of experience in a manufacturing operations environment, preferred
• 5-7 years of experience in supply chain, preferred
• 5-7 years of production / operations management experience, preferred
Our Organization has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development, training, and continuous improvement. We offer competitive wages, excellent affordable insurance benefits (including health, dental, vision and life), 401K plan, paid vacation and holidays.
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer.