Facility Development/MHE Technology Manager (US-O) - 7206 - Westerville OH (Westerville, OH)
Facility Development/MHE Technology Mg
Are you a motivated, organized individual seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment? Would you enjoy being part of a dedicated team that works together to create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our customers and employees? If you're looking for change, and you're ready to make changes … we're looking for you.
DHL Supply Chain is a world-class company, and we hire world-class people. People who aren't afraid to work hard – in fact, people who want to work hard.
Provides project management, engineering expertise, and related functions within a mechanical handling and facility environment on projects as assigned by the Director of Facilities. Plans, designs, and implements layouts of plant, office, and material handling equipment, including automation, in order to provide the maximum utilization of facilities and efficiency of operations. Directs scope definition, design, budgeting, scheduling, solution layouts, purchasing, cost estimating and control, implementation, system integration, documentation, report writing, start-up and training. Coordinates and leads local authority license, permitting, and approval requirements
• Performs project management and engineering functions, including (but not limited to): scope definition, design, budgeting, scheduling, solution layouts, purchasing, cost estimating and control, implementation, system integration, documentation, report writing, start-up and training.
• Applies understanding of Good Mechanical Handling and Facility Practices for the Logistics Industry and associated products (apparel, specialty items, food and beverage, general merchandise, etc.).
• Designs and installs safe mechanical and material handling systems and processes.
• Manages outside contractors as required to meet project, customer, product, and capacity requirements. Selects and manages use of external vendors and contractors for engineering and maintenance-related projects.
• Stays abreast of technology enhancements within the industry.
• Partners with customer and internal operations and solutions personnel to develop requirements and define solution sets.
• Partners with Business Development on potential new business to determine engineering impact.
• Develops business cases related to capital projects, including associated project plans and cost estimates. Navigates approval processes and manages installation of capital improvements.
• Coordinates and leads local authority license, permitting, and approval requirements for facility and solution fit-outs.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor's of Science Degree in an Engineering field, with particular emphasis on Mechanical, Electrical, Facilities, and/or Maintenance Engineering, required
• 3-5 years of project management experience in a Logistics and/or engineering environment, required
• 10+ years of experience in engineering, with particular emphasis on project or engineering management, preferred
Our Organization has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development, training, and continuous improvement. We offer competitive wages, excellent affordable insurance benefits (including health, dental, vision and life), 401K plan, paid vacation and holidays.
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer.