CI Solutions Architect (US-O) - 9448 - Westerville OH (Westerville, OH)
CI Solutions Architect
Transportation is a pillar for any supply chain, and at DHL Supply Chain you are a part of everyday life; because a storm or the breakdown of a truck shouldn't stop our customer's products from getting to the consumer when they need them the most. Working in transportation, you will be a part of our business. All members of our transportation teams ensure that the supply chain doesn't break. They work tirelessly with internal and external parties to guarantee the best solution for the customer. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, and you are looking for a good challenge to grow your career in transportation; DHL has the opportunity for you.
The Continuous Improvement Solutions Architect role is a new role within managed transportation with multiple purposes. First and foremost, associates with advanced analytical capability paired with a high level of operational expertise are core to ensuring our growth agenda in MT is achievable. Additionally, our current analyst functions are capped at a relatively modest compensation and organizational level without the ability to advance to a more senior level analytical role. The creation of the CI Solutions Architect Role will increase our analytical skill sets in MT, advance our capability to drive both internal and external CI roadmaps, and is paramount to elevating DHL Supply Chain's Managed Transportation service offering to the best in the industry.
• Responsible for defining, developing, implementing, and managing the stage gate process for the implementation of transportation and/or process based continuous improvement projects from opportunity identification through delivery/stabilization.
• Develops, maintains, and executes a CI roadmap either for a larger scale MT customer or multiple smaller scale MT customers
• Develops, maintains, and executes a CI roadmap for improvement of both internal processes and financial performance.
• Utilizes network modeling tools (JDA-I2, Appian, etc.) to overlay MT customer networks to identify network driven cost and service improvement opportunities.
• Maintains MT 100 score performance mechanism for their managed accounts and TMC's.
• Directly accountable for the CI project start up budget, timeline, and stabilization metrics.
• Develop and updates the COO (Concept of Operations) for new business pursuits working with the MT Steering Committee, the TMC operations, and MT carrier management, and the MT solutions director.
• Exhibits competency to present the COO at a customer Solution Fit meeting
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, required
• MBA or MBLE, preferred
• 4+ years' experience in Transportation, required
• Strong analytical network design capabilities; able to review control reports and discuss with ILD the appropriate transportation analysis required to develop a customer business case, preferred
• Familiar with TMC operations and how OTM is deployed and can use practices / processes across all TMC operations to develop a viable COO
Our Organization has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development, training, and continuous improvement. We offer competitive wages, excellent affordable insurance benefits (including health, dental, vision and life), 401K plan, paid vacation and holidays.
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer.
Additional skills that will ensure success in the role:
- Understanding of TMS systems
- Project Management
- Strong BI skills
- Some experience in:
- Power BI
- MS Excel / Access
- MS Visio
- MS Azure
- SQL / VBA
Facts and Figures
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn