Central Packaging General Manager II (US-O) - 9416 - Westerville OH (Westerville, OH)
Central Packaging General Manager can be located in: Westerville OH, Mechanicsburg PA, Atlanta GA, or Chicago IL.
Would you like to be an influential leader in a growing and dynamic business unit within DHL Supply Chain? Are you the type of person who takes initiative to solve problems and pursue continuous improvement opportunities? Would you like to have direct impact on the company's growth and profitability?
If so, DHL Supply Chain Packaging Services has the opportunity for you.
The Central Packaging General Manager role manages a team of Analysts and Engineers. The role is responsible for directing teams and providing support to existing and potential customers and account teams to ensure productivity targets are established and attained. Provides support in the selection of packaging equipment, packaging supplies, and other packaging related vendors. Leads QBR's, Metrics, Top to Top, Pricing updates, RFP's, and other customer engaged events. Monitors finances for packaging operations and drives profitability and productivity. Establishes and maintains knowledge of all existing packaging operations for use in proposal generation, pricing, and other uses within the company.
- Functional support to the account teams in the areas of operations, equipment, supplies and performance metrics.
- Develops and maintain departmental, site and account knowledge in a readily accessible database for use by sector.
- Selects materials and equipment vendors; consult on appropriate levels of automation for individual projects
- May provide operational support to startups or existing sites, as needed.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Package Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related field, required
- 4-7 + years' experience in Primary Packaging, Secondary Packaging and Custom Packaging, Manufacturing or related businesses and/or operations, required
- Knowledge & experience with multiple packaging equipment types, makes and models from manual to fully automated, required
- Knowledge of Packaging Materials Procurement, preferred
- Experienced in Contract Administration and Execution, preferred
- Proficient in engineering activities such as line layouts, OEE, productivity, outputs, Lean, etc., required
- Negotiation experience and skills with Customers and Vendors, required
- Experienced in Budgeting and Financial analysis, required
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, preferred
Our Organization has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development, training, and continuous improvement. We offer competitive wages, excellent affordable insurance benefits (including health, dental, vision and life), 401K plan, paid vacation and holidays.
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer.
Facts and Figures
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn