Carrier Procurement II (US-N) - 8031 - Westerville OH NCRC (Westerville, OH)
Carrier Procurement II
Transportation is a pillar for any supply chain, and at DHL Supply Chain you are a part of everyday life; because a storm or the breakdown of a truck shouldn't stop our customer's products from getting to the consumer when they need them the most. Working in transportation, you will be a part of our business. All members of our transportation teams ensure that the supply chain doesn't break. They work tirelessly with internal and external parties to guarantee the best solution for the customer. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, and you are looking for a good challenge to grow your career in transportation; DHL has the opportunity for you.
The primary role of Carrier Procurement Rep II is to complete every aspect of the load dispatching process for the brokerage while consistently meeting and/or exceeding the customers' price and service expectations. With a focus on maximizing profit margins and re-enforcing service expectations, while building and maintaining relationships with new and existing carriers. Daily negotiating spot market opportunities. Carrier Procurement reps will experience prospecting, cold calling and closing deals, additionally taking inbound calls from interested carriers via load boards.
• Sells transportation services to new and existing carriers in support of business unit growth and profitability objectives.
• Prospects new carriers, and develops pricing and sourcing solutions for both short term and long term transportation movements.
• Acts as the liaison between carriers and customers and works to ensure a high quality freight movement process
• Position sources, negotiates with and secures carriers to move available freight in a timely and cost effective manner
• Negotiate and secure carriers for freight shipments via telephone, e-mail, or other means
• Maintain visibility of all available freight/lanes, both immediate and future, to ensure efficient carrier usage and cost effective negotiations.
• Effectively communicate with carriers and build relationships with key decision makers.
• Track the status of shipments from inception to delivery and communicate with the sales or account representative on the status of the shipment
• Maintain continuous communication with carriers to ensure all parties are informed of route changes, delays, freight concerns, or other issues as necessary
• Deal with any issues that may arise on any shipment
• Complete entry into TMS and ready loads for accounting, error-free and complete
• Conduct cold calling and research available databases for potential leads
• Tracks back-end billing and invoicing to ensure that carrier charges are accurate
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, required
• 0-2 years of work experience.
Our Organization has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development, training, and continuous improvement. We offer competitive wages, excellent affordable insurance benefits (including health, dental, vision and life), 401K plan, paid vacation and holidays.
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer.
Facts and Figures
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn