Recruiter / Talent Acquisition Specialist
Recruiter / Talent Acquisition Specialist in Columbia, South Carolina
West Columbia, South Carolina, United States
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) manages the flow of goods and information across a customer's global supply chain utilizing air/ocean/ground transportation, customs brokerage services, and dedicated warehousing/distribution centers. We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. We have an exciting opportunity for a Recruiter to join our DGF team. We are looking for a Recruiter / Talent Acquisition Specialist with Passion, Excellence, and an Entrepreneurial spirit that can find us similar talent.
Our GOAL: ATTRACT, GET, KEEP, & GROW our TALENT!
Do you have an eye for talent? Do you know how to leverage your networks and build recruiting strategies to bring top talent to an organization in competitive marketplaces? If YES, then we want you to join our dynamic West Columbia, SC team!
- Partners with local and field managers to obtain and confirm search requests that clearly indicate key responsibilities, requirements, environmental conditions, target audience, time frames, etc.
- Creates and executes comprehensive targeted sourcing strategy via various methods (internal Applicant Tracking System, external job boards, schools, professional associations, personal networks, etc.) for qualified active and passive candidates
- Interviews and screens candidates to ensure their qualifications meet open position requirements and present qualified candidates to the Hiring Managers
- Manage applicant tracking flow, record maintenance and candidate dispositions to ensure compliance with company policy and applicable laws
- Provide functional guidance, advice and/or training to colleagues and stakeholders
- Deliver high quality results in a timely manner individually and through others.
- Initiate action and accomplish goals across a wide range of teams and projects in the face of multiple demands; grow professionally by actively staying up to date in areas of expertise
Skills / Requirements:
- BS/BA in related discipline and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in full cycle recruitment including sourcing and interviewing as well as interacting with Hiring Managers
- Previous experience recruiting for high volume entry level associates on an ongoing basis, as well as exempt and senior level professional positions.
- Ability to source, recruit, and fill both local and national positions (i.e.: Laredo, TX & Port Huron, MI) in an efficient and timely manner.
- Self-motivated, self- starter, who is extremely organized, with exceptional follow-up skills delivering regular updates and feedback
- Strong creativity and sourcing skills; ability to create and maintain a continuous pipeline of candidates
- Strong relationship and partnering skills with all levels of leadership both locally and in the field nation wide
- Proficiency in related business technology (Applicant tracking systems, Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel), databases, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication, teamwork, and customer service skills; ability to clearly communicate in discussions and written documents
- Current knowledge of recruitment compliance and legal requirements
- CIR, CSSR certifications are a plus
- Logistics / Transportation industry experience is a plus
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its employees, society and environment. You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL. We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy work/life balance. DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
- Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401K plan with a match
- Employee Discount plan
- Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading Logistics Company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL. We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Facts and Figures
DHL Global Forwarding US
Work Permit Required
Day time only