Air Freight Agent - Washington, D.C.
Job Title: Air Freight Agent
Job Location: Washington, D.C.
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure we transport our customers of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. This also includes special transport-related services. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
As an Air Freight Agent you will be responsible for the movement of our customer’s air export shipments. You will be the main point of contact for coordination between customer’s shipment exports, customs brokers, and shipping carriers.
- Completes coordination between all applicable parties for all air export shipments for our customers; ensures timely bookings with airline on customer behalf
- Prepares export documentation, including entry into Logis Air, in accordance to country requirements as well as the preparation of Certificate of Origin, Cargo Manifest, NAFTA Certificate, Airway Bill and any other documents required by the customer
- Compliant filing of AES (automated electronic system) export customs
- Responsible for timely completion of export documents and coordinate with both customer and/or warehouse for timely delivery of cargo
- Communicates regularly with customer in regards to customer’s shipment status as well as continuous communication with overseas to meet delivery commitments; follow-up with airline to monitor and track departure and arrival information and updates
- Ensures invoicing of rendered services is completed accurately and in a timeframe consistent with company policy.
- Ensure customer profiles are accurate and updated
- Meet all KPI’s assigned and audited by the Control Tower
Skills / Requirements:
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Detail oriented and strong follow-up skills
- Proficient with Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Air freight industry experience preferred
- Logis Air / Cargo Wise systems knowledge is a plus
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
Facts and Figures
DHL Global Forwarding US
No Business Travel
Work Permit Required
Day time only