Commercial Transport Planner
BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFEPosition: Commercial Transport Planner
Customer: CSD Brokerage
Shift: Day Shift
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date: 30th August 2019
Are you a motivated, Transport Planner seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity within a commercial environment? Would you enjoy being part of a dedicated team that works together to create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our customers and employees? If you’re looking for change, and you’re ready to make changes … we’re looking for you.
At DHL our business is logistics, but people are our passion. With over 500,000 team members in 220 countries, we attract and retain great talent. We are one of the most innovative, most culturally diverse companies on the planet. We provide unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development. We really are a, “Best Place to Work.”
If this sounds like a team you’d like to join … keep reading.
We make promises to our customers, and we’ll make promises to you too. The key responsibilities in this role include:
• Day to day management for the Brokerage activity dealing with multiple accounts and external transactions.
• Develop and provide managed transport services, sub-contract solutions and last minute clearing services to DSC and external customers delivering value to both.
• Sourcing ad hoc external business to complement internal fleets and third party carrier lanes.
• Accountable for the day to day management (including sourcing, operational and commercial management) of transactional transport services operating across all DHL divisions and external accounts within the transport industry.
You won’t find another job like the one you’ll find with DHL Supply Chain. Now, here’s what we need from you:• A good understanding of the UK&I Transport industry.
• Experience of Sales/Business development within the Transport industry.
• An understanding of open and closed book operations and 4pl (desirable)
• An excellent geographical knowledge within the transport arena.
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL: https://youtu.be/G-nOa8Ddbbg
Facts and Figures
DHL Supply Chain UK
Work Permit Required