This roles is responsible for the P&Ls of the assigned Accounts within, trading close across Europe and the internal auditing of all the accounting information. This is a senior role within the Financial Accounting team & the holder will have to direct and to lead work both within the internal Finance team and the wider business participants in a variety of financial processes, notably the monthly close cycle, providing a single point of contact for the internal and external customers.
• Responsible for delivering trading close instructions across the P&Ls Accounts in Europe
• Responsible for the delivery of accurate, complete and timely DHL periodic trading results. Ensures all recorded expenditure corresponds to the correct LLP Account.
• Responsible of the accuracy of monthly consolidated financial statements
• Delivers monthly and accurate provision calculations
• Provide monthly general ledger account and Balance sheet reconciliations. Responsible for accurate control of all balance sheets main provisions and movements.
• Identifies and explain deviations between payroll costs reports from HR and costs recorded in P&Ls
• Ensure timely and accurate preparation of various accounting reports
• Assist with development, maintenance and implementation of accounting practices for the Accounts in scope
• Responsible for invoicing all external and internal Customers and Debtor's report
• Support in developing Budget review packs.
• Supports internal and external accounting audits dealing with operational responsible
• Managing of the ICE invoicing among the DHL companies involved. Reconcile all I/C balances with other business units and research any discrepancies to be resolved so that they may be cleared in a timely manner.
• Maintain effective relationships with local country finance teams
Requirements for the Job
• Educated to university degree level or equivalent professional qualifications
• Minimum of 3 years related general ledger accounting experience
• Technical knowledge of Accounting Tools and Databases (Oracle R12 and SAP - Desirable)
• Language: English and Spanish Fluent
• 3 PL & 4PL controlling / In depth knowledge of Pan-European supply chains
• Ability to manage and interface with Country Central Finance Departments and other Controller roles across Europe
• Practical general ledger experience and strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
• Ability to Lead a small team.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrates ability to coordinate financial data across organization boundaries and geographies.
Facts and Figures
DHL Exel Supply Chain (Spain), S.L.U.
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn