Senior Process Optimisation Manager
BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Position: Senior Process Optimisation Manager
Customer: DHL Supply Chain
Grade: RCS J
Contract Type: Full-time Permanent
Closing Date for Applications: 13/08/2020
Location: UK or Mainland Europe
Are you a motivated, organized person seeking an exciting and rewarding opening in a fast-paced environment? Would you enjoy being part of a committed team that works together to create a relevant, important difference in the lives of our customers and employees? If you're looking for change, and you're ready to make changes … we're looking for you.
At DHL our business is logistics, but people are our passion. With over 500,000 team members in 220 countries, we attract and retain great talent. We are one of the most innovative, most culturally diverse companies on the planet. We provide unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development. We really are a, “Best Place to Work.”
If this sounds like a team you'd like to join … keep reading.
We make promises to our customers, and we'll make promises to you too.
The key responsibilities in this role include:
- Review existing approaches and processes and/or define new processes. Consult with subject matter experts and collect and share best practices from inside and outside of DHL
- Continuously identify potential areas for improvement/simplification through the use of available sales & marketing data points and technology stack
- Develop business concepts, turn them into projects and drive their implementation
- Manage large, complex projects which will implement the concepts to increase thus increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of the sales & marketing teams. Also support and coach less experienced members of the team.
- Identify project resources, define roles and responsibilities (SME´s) required to deliver the business benefits
- Ensure the health of the project, manage project risks and mitigation plans and ensure these risks are proactively communicated
- Work closely together with DHL Supply Chain account managers, business developers, marketers and sales & marketing leaders to develop and align ideas and build communities
- Collaborate closely with and generate an extensive network in, Supply Chain functions which have significant touchpoints in the Sales & Marketing Process e.g. SD PD O2D. Also pro-actively engage with divisions across/outside of DSC e.g. CSI, DGF.
- Investigate and gather best practices from other divisions, bringing new ideas into Supply Chain
- Create and present Sales & Marketing initiatives to obtain buy in from functions
- Be able to understand and articulate technology solutions - e.g. presentation to CoE's
You won't find another job like the one you'll find with DHL Supply Chain.
Now here's what we need from you;
- Experience in 3PL or other supply chain environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interpret large data sets and turn information into action.
- Excellent software skills with standard Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) combined with a good knowledge of less standard software e.g. Power Bi; Planview; Salesforce
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the Globe. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Facts and Figures
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn