Central Fleet Operations Manager - SDC
To be a successful Central Fleet Operations Manager, you will be required to manage cost effective vehicle damage and maintenance costs against the fleet of commercial & company car vehicles. You are required to manage minimum downtime to mitigate business impact. and ensure that the commercial and company vehicle fleets including ancillary items, e.g. tail lifts and plant such as fork lift trucks are repaired in accordance to the best possible costs and down time periods. You will also be required to generate and manage reports in line with spend verses budgets.
Specific role challenges:
- Provide maximum fleet utilisation at minimum cost while conforming within all legal and contractual constraints.
- Particular focus to accident repair and management of all associated costs.
- Direct management of Accident Management supplier and SVC’s to ensure proactive / timely release of vehicles for repair.
- Cost and vehicle down time analysis with performance change measures aimed to continuously improve and business position.
- Support Regional Operational Engineers with spend and vehicle down time data within specific areas of responsibility.
- Control and Management of short term hire requirements. Utilization measurement and cost control of end to end process.
Accountabilities/ Key activities
Customer / Stakeholder:
- Management of Accident Management provider including alignment to internal Global Business Services (GBS) claim recovery processes
- To support (as needed) general supplier review processes in accordance with Service Level Agreement (SLA) documents
- Management of Short Term Rental providers to control costs and usage. Including return condition mitigation
- To control, monitor and manage fleet related operational costs in line with functional and site budget requirements
- Support negotiations with service providers for the cost effective provision of repair and maintenance for out of contract work
- Investigate unusual vehicle failure or damage and recommend actions for prevention and remedial action (liaise as required with Regional Operations Engineer)
- Keep the amount of vehicles hired for maintenance to a minimum or to natural periods of inactivity
- Provide Ad-Hoc Audit support to internal customer and external suppliers as required
- Have the ability to deal with and communicate effectively with management at all levels of the organisation
- Capable of conducting and concluding investigations from a static environment and drawing structured and reasoned conclusions
- The ability to break down problems & issues and actively identify a solution
- To have a good all-round understanding of Microsoft Office applications
- The ability to provide Engineering expertise to the business in support of continuous business improvement
- Ability to investigate and understand mechanical failures and as required challenge findings
- Good communication and negotiation skills in order to challenge and manage fleet costs
- Time serviced Engineer with a minimum of 5 years in the industry.
- Management CPC Holder
Facts and Figures
DHL Express UK
Work Permit Required
Day time only