Would you like to become part of the world's most international company?
A company that pioneered cross-border express delivery in 1969 and is now active in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. Do you want to be part of a company that connects people worldwide? And the more people we connect, the better life will be on our planet.
Location: London Gatwick region
An Account Manager will be required to manage and develop the assigned field sales territory in order to maintain and grow the DHL market leadership position. You will be required to achieve individual sales targets while meeting key customer needs.
To be a successful Account Manager you will be required to manage and develop a portfolio of prospects and existing customers through building strong relationships to ensure needs are not only met but recognized. You will be expected to exploit all new opportunities from existing and potential customers to ensure a maximum penetration of DHL in assigned territory.
Specific Role Challenges:
• Meet/exceed sales targets across assigned geographical territory
• Maintain industry knowledge and analyse market data to ensure you are conducting proactive and productive sales activities.
Do you want to make a difference?
Activities and Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement a personal sales plan and call cycle that incorporates initiatives for identifying and gaining new business and maximise growth of existing customers to achieve the individual sales (volume and profitability) targets
• Manage all customer-related information by communication to the selling team around specific customers as well as in sales systems (Comet) so that other DHL staff can access customer and territory information
• Manage and develop a portfolio of prospects and existing customers through building a strong customer relationship to ensure that customers’ needs are recognised and met
• Establish customer agreements and ensure and that pricing guidelines are always applied and profitability targets for customers are met.
• Ensure that customer’ prices are reviewed on regular basis and whenever any discrepancy arises between actual and promised volumes a re-negotiation takes place
• Develop and implement an approach to secure competitors and prospects business in the shortest time possible
• Establish Prospects pipeline to support this approach and target them accordingly
• Exploit all new opportunities from existing and potential customers (prospects) ensuring a maximum penetration of DHL in assigned territory
• Monitor customer performance, loyalty and satisfaction to measure success, business fluctuation and possible business at risk.
• Take appropriate corrective action internally and/or with the customer
• Promote DHL brand image and values through own appearance and behaviour so that it reflects DHL high standards and develops customers’ relationship
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Excellent Planning and Organising
• IT literate
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Customer orientation
• Business acumen
• Commitment to excel
• Cross Border Thinking
• Building and managing partnerships
• 1-2 years sales background in a consultative selling environment within the service industry
• Business/commercial acumen
• Experience in a segmented service industry
• Experience in the Air Express industry or freight forward industry
• A-Levels in 2 or more subjects or equivalent
Uncapped Commission Scheme
We look forward to receiving your application!
Facts and Figures
<75% of the time