Field HSE Supervisor (US-N) - 5172 - Union City GA (Union City, GA)
Field HSE Supervisor
Do you enjoy working in a team environment providing proactive solutions and subject matter expertise to leaders on Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) related issues? Do you take an energetic and influential approach to bring challenge and perspective to processes as it relates to safety? Would you get job fulfillment by playing a pivotal role in making sure our environment is the best and safest possible workplace for our associates? Do you have a high regard for personal accountability and fully understand why technical HSE knowledge, integrity, trust, and customer focus are required qualities to display within the HSE & Operations functions?
If so, DHL Supply Chain has the opportunity for you.
Coordinates planning, administration, training, and enforcement of facility's Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) program to ensure compliance with all company policies and local, state, and federal regulations. Identifies hazards and assesses risk to HSE, involving individuals to identify the appropriate safety controls, and providing advice on accident prevention and occupational health to management and employees.
• Promotes occupational health and safety awareness throughout assigned facility.
• Conducts ongoing safety inspections of facilities, operations, and equipment to ensure compliance and safe working environment for associates. Monitors and enforces compliance to regulatory and company requirements
• Implements standard HSE support using common tools provided by the Operations Excellence HSE Team
• Conducts all necessary HSE Training, including new hire safety training and all other on-site trainings required for both hourly and management associates
• Reviews SOP and observes site roles being performed to Develops Job Safety Analysis for each role within assigned site
• Facilitates incident investigations, root cause analysis for sites. Presents findings to Safety Manager and/or Functional Safety team to partner on corrective actions.
• Assists the Regional and or Campus HSE Managers with Safety Improvement Plan Implementations when necessary
• Assists the Regional or Campus HSE Manager with start-ups, as necessary
• Monitors and provides expertise and assistance on the Logics Incident Module
• Identifies improvement opportunities for their site and supports the continuous improvement processes
• Actively participates on assigned teams and/or projects, including site Health & Safety Committee and process improvement initiatives.
Required Education and Experience
• Associates degree in environmental, safety, industrial hygiene or related field or equivalent experience (1-3 years of direct/dedicated safety experience), required
• Bachelor's Degree in environmental, safety, industrial hygiene or related field, preferred
• 1-3 years of safety experience (e.g., administration of site-based OSHA/DOT programs), required
• OSHA or similar Safety Certification, preferred
Our Organization has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development, training, and continuous improvement. We offer competitive wages, excellent affordable insurance benefits (including health, dental, vision and life), 401K plan, paid vacation and holidays.
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer.
Primarily day shift but will need to flex to other shifts as needed.
Holidays are sometimes worked based on business need.
Facts and Figures
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn