Dispatch Coordinator (US) - 1089 - Robbinsville NJ (Trenton, NJ)
Delegating forklift operators, shuttle drivers, spotters, OTR drivers. Identify product needs for shipments and oversee product levels at all sub-sites to eliminate shortages.
Works closely with forklift operators, load planners, production technicians, and tractor-trailer drivers to achieve and maintain high service levels.
- Schedule inbound and outbound freight and trailers to comply with warehouse operations and capacities.
- Meet or exceed all service and efficiency standards for shipping and receiving.
- Ensure accuracy of all shipping and receiving (B.O.L.) documents.
- Handle all customers and customer representatives.
- Gather and maintain all data and records relative to shipping and receiving activities.
- Maintain legible and accurate records and logs as required.
- Assist in training new associates.
- Assist in maintaining facility security.
- Maintain the facility dock door control board to be accurate at all times.
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety and report unsafe conditions that can’t be self-corrected to the warehouse supervisor.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area in accordance with company standards of housekeeping.
- Conduct oneself in a polite and service-oriented manner towards customer representatives and fellow associates.
- Increasing productivity by decreasing loading rates, in relation to budgeted allowance, by initiating slides, TS/TSAPS shipments, cross docks, maintaining appropriate product levels, and other efficiency opportunities.
- Knowledge and application of various systems.
- Increasing productivity by altering staffing levels/suggesting cuts to staffing levels based on workload in different work areas to keep operations efficient.
- Loading on-time per Load Ready Date & Times.
- Down-time tracking/minimization.
- Issuing moves.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1 year relevant experience, preferred
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer.
Facts and Figures
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn