Customer Service Backline Representative - Tempe, AZ
We won! DHL Express has been awarded with the Global Top Employer for 2019
DHL Express currently has openings for Backline Representatives in our Tempe, Arizona location. The Backline Representative provides a variety of customer service support duties for customers within DHL’s Customer Care Department. They ensure timely and accurate information is provided to customers in a professional manner and responds to inquiries through phone, mail, email, website, etc.
- Handles customer traces and shipment inquires with the intent of providing customer satisfaction, retention, and/or resolution
- Relentlessly pursues timely resolution on behalf of the customer
- Effectively communicates with DHL Network colleagues with focus on stressing a sense of urgency on behalf of the customer
- Negotiates customer claims, initiates billing adjustments, arranges product substitutions and returns
- Meet all commitments to the customers in terms of follow-up/ongoing communication
- Manages a variety of databases and web-based programs to document customer issues, responses, and communications
- Records consistent problem areas
- May provide functional guidance, advice or training to less experienced Backline Representatives
- HS diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years of experience within the shipping industry
- Customer Service experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word), data bases and web-based applications
- Good oral and written communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills; courteous and clear telephone voice
- Experience in Customer Contact Department preferred
- Intermediate service, production, or support role having greater responsibility to perform all (or most) of the standard work
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Facts and Figures
<15% of the time
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn