Clearance Support Agent
Act as the “voice” of the clearance department to external parties:
• facilitate the clearance of DHL shipments by communicating with customers, DHL entities and the authorities on clearance requirements and any discrepancies preventing the successful clearance of these shipments
• coordinate with the customer/DHL entities/government agencies to obtain the necessary shipment information and documents for the clearance department to successfully clear the shipments through the regulatory agencies when the existing information or documents are insufficient to permit successful clearance of the shipments.
• Contact DHL customers (both origin and destination) for clearance-related shipment information or documents when the existing documents or information available are not sufficient for DHL to clear the shipments
• Provide customer with duty and tax advice notification and to seek payment approval from these customers when the duty and tax amounts payable exceeds DHL’s payment limits
• Collate the clearance documents and coordinate handover of these documents with the assigned broker for BTO shipments.
• Review the “Shipment in Bond” inventory report to ensure that these shipments are worked on a daily basis.
• Manage maintenance of the customer instructions and customer general information databases to ensure that the databases are up to date and accurate
• Minimal bachelor Degree
• 1-2 years working experience in customs clearance environment
• Excellent communication skills (English), spoken and written
• Having good knowledge on Software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Focused on identifying and understanding each customer’s needs. Expresses and acts on desire to assist customers in an efficient and friendly manner
• Able to set clear and realistic goals and objectives. Establishes a course of action and a sequence of steps to ensure that activities and objectives are efficiently achieved. Is structured with good personal organization. Schedules time effectively and use efficient work methods and tools.
• Able to make timely and appropriate choices based on accurate analysis and experience. Uses sound judgment even in conditions of uncertainty. Anticipates impact of decisions and plans how to manage risk.
• Persuades others of the value of an approach or idea. Gains commitment and support and gets others to willingly take action.
• Continually seeks to accomplish critical tasks with measurable results. Overcomes obstacles and makes adjustments to achieve results. Focuses self and others to achieve targets aligned with business goals
Facts and Figures
DHL Express Indonesia
Work Permit Required