Site Operations Manager
DHL Supply Chain is an essential part of everyday life and in the current landscape we are playing a critical role. During this challenging time we want to continue to connect with people, if you are interested in a career at DHL we are looking to engage with exceptional Site Operations Managers.
Our success comes from our people and we are currently looking for an experienced Site Operations Manager to join our dedicated team based in Sydney.
This is a critical role within our supply chain and we are seeking talented people who have a passion for operations, site management, people engagement, customer service and a can do approach.
DHL Supply Chain Australia is proud of its growing team of over 3000 employees spread across 55 sites around Australia. We pride ourselves by partnering with the giants of industries across multiple sectors including Life Sciences and Healthcare, Retail, Energy & Mining, Consumer & Technology and Transport.
We provide customised logistics and industry solutions in the areas of supply chain management, warehousing, distribution, value added services, and lead logistics provider services for our customers – helping them deliver better results every day.
Role and Responsibilities
Within this role you will lead the site and manage the end to end warehouse activities and the associated operations within the facility, reporting to the Sector General Manager.
The role will see you ensure operations achieve a safe working environment, customer satisfaction, productivity improvements, ensuring profitable growth, excellence in operations, and employee growth and performance.
You will be responsible for
- Leading operations within the site, ensuring a safe working environment coupled with cost effective operational activities
- Planning and optimising the warehouse for maximum output and efficiency
- Continuous improvement of processes
- Customer retention through excellent service delivery
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders, both internal and external
- Maintain location and inventory accuracy
- Setting/meeting budgets and working with site P&L's
- 10 + years' experience within Supply Chain/Logistics
- Must have Retail Sector Experience
- Strong site management experience, including facilities
- Experience leading large teams under multiple customers
- Superior knowledge of warehouse operations within a 3PL environment
- Exceptional end to end knowledge of Supply Chain Operations with a strong background in labour planning, cost management and improvement opportunities
- Excellent people management and influencing skills
- Highly developed conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Strong experience with WMS systems (Manhattan preferred)
- Full Australian working rights required
DHL offers a challenging yet exciting place to work where every day we ask you to be the best that you can be and more. In return we offer an excellent working environment, the opportunity to develop yourself, forge a successful career and the security of working with the world's foremost logistics provider
Facts and Figures
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn