Position: Transport Supervisor
Customer: TK Maxx
Grade: RCS O
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Shift Pattern: 4 on 4 off Nights
Closing Date for Applications: 21st November 2017
For the role of Transport Supervisor you will be responsible for managing the daily transport operation, ensuring an on-time delivery performance, maximising vehicle utilisation. Ensuring the site manages driver performance along with driver and vehicle legal compliance and associated administration requirements.
To adhere to all health and safety requirements and legislation working within the DHL Quality Management Systems. To strive to ensure all customer requirements are met working closely with the Central Planning team and the TJX site team.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
• Team Management
• Plan, manage and adjust staffing levels to meet operational requirements
• Direct the daily activities to ensure a safe, clean and fair working environment for team members
• Deliver team member performance reviews, development and/or succession planning as appropriate
• Facilitate effective communication
• Manage all disciplinary and grievance issues (complaints) in line with the DHL HR policy
• Ensure compliance to Quality Management Systems (QMS)
• Ensure company policies are communicated, applied and enforced
• Work in collaboration with other DHL sites to maximise efficiencies and best practice
• Organise and lead the focus on improved productivity levels
• Preparation of Key Performance Indicators
• Local Project Management
• Recruitment and Selection
• To ensure legal compliance for vehicles and drivers
• Contract compliance
• Customer liaison
• Manage the site sickness and absence levels
• Work with the Central Resource team to deliver EOS at site level
• Disciplinary procedures
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
• Knowledge of working time legislation - essential
• Excellent Organisational Skills- essential
• Excellent Communicator (Verbal and Written) - essential
• 1-2 years’ experience within a transport environment - essential
• 1 years’ experience within a customer facing role - essential
• Minimum of 1 year experience of team management - essential
• Total flexibility with work hours as this is a 4 on 4 off
• Supervisory qualification / Man management - Essential
• CPC - desirable
• Computer literate - Essential
• Knowledge of Health and Safety requirements – Essential
• Diploma/certificate in Logistics/freight Forwarding - Desirable
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Facts and Figures
DHL Supply Chain UK
No Business Travel
Work Permit Required