Position: Transport Planner
Location: Burton on Trent
Customer: Molson Coors
Grade: RCS N
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 21st November 2017
For the role of Route Planner you will be responsible for ensuring that you the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that an effective, efficient and commercially viable load plan is created each day to ensure that all Clients deliveries are made on the date and at the time expected.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
• To work closely with Depot Transport FLM's, Transport Manager and Customer Service Teams.
• Use ESP planning tool to produce accurate cost schedules whilst maintaining Service excellance.
• Effective use of the Sub Contract market to hire orders and consignment to maximise revenue
• General Maintenance [GTS} to ensure that vendor the a/c are update and accurate for load factor & vehicle restrictions.
• Provide Weekly Revenue summary by Client, Vendor & Vehicle type for owning route plan centre. Provide narrative of improvements & idea's on reducing cost & increase revenue opportunities.
• To accept in-bound collection requests and build these into a Daily Load Plan grouped by geographical location, taking into account vehicle availability, size and payload, ensuring that all un-scheduled consignments are included.
• To continually develop the tactical transport/planning operation through generation of ideas & suggestions that improve key KPI performances, in areas such as schedule development, cube per load, kms and fleet efficiency alongside collaboration with the wider DHL network
• To maximise vehicle load-fill, and plan the Regional Depot activity flexing boundaries to match resource requirements.
• Accurately record load details, references and contacts, and update all File Maintenance in Transport system as required, plus ensuring the transmission of load details to Regional Partners.
• Ensure a strong relationship style, being able to work as an individual and as part of a team. Ensure that all duties are carried out with regard to Health & Safety, both of yourself and others.
• Assist and support Customer Services New Accounts process.
• You should be aware that you may be required to perform duties other than those for which you are primarily employed.
• Complying with local legislative requirements & company policies and procedures
• Review and report any specific performance issues or complaints about service levels; Identify opportunities for improved efficiencies in the Transport Operation and Regional Planning function, recommending or implementing changes
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
• At least 2 years planning experience with GTS/ESP or similar routing software
• At least 2 years planning experience with DHL CFX system
• Transport Manager CPC (National or International)
• P&L Experience
• Ability to work conscientiously whether alone or within a team
• Ability to show initiative and be pro-active in resolving problems encountered
• Capability to self manage and prioritise
• Excellent organisational skills
• Ability to follow work new procedures
• Good analytical and numerical skills
• Excellent interpersonal, motivation and planning skills
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Facts and Figures
DHL Supply Chain UK
No Business Travel
Work Permit Required