Air Export Agent
Job Title: Air Export Agent
Job Location: St Louis, MO
As an Air Export Agent you will be responsible for the movement of our customer’s air export shipments.You will be the main point of contact for coordination between customer’s shipment exports, customs brokers, and shipping carriers. This position will be based at our St. Louis, MO location.
- Coordinate and ensure timely bookings with airline on customer behalf
- Prepares export documentation, including entry into computer operations program, in accordance to country requirements
- Preparation of Certificate of Origin, Cargo Manifest, NAFTA Certificate, AWB, ITAR, Hazardous Material, Perishable, and any other documents required by the customer
- Compliant filing of AES (automated export system) with US customs
- Responsible for timely completion of export documents and coordinate with both customer,warehouse, airlines, gateway operations, and dispatch for timely movement of cargo
- Keep communication open with customer and overseas offices in regards to shipment movement
- Follow up with airline to keep track of departure information and updates
- Responsible for accounting (costs vs revenue) on the shipment
- Audit charges for accuracy prior to sending to accounting for payment
- Confirm payment responsibility (depending on terms) and audit credit status if needed
- Ensure customer profiles are accurate and updated
- Meet all Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) assigned for operations and customer service
- Follow all best practices set by corporate
- Work as a team on department issues
- Receive training/support
- Meet/exceed expectations
- Receive leadership/guidance/support
Skills / Requirements:
- Freight Forwarding Air freight industry experience strongly preferred
- CargoWise systems knowledge is a plus
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Detail oriented and strong follow-up skills
- Proficient with Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its’ employees, society, and environment.You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL.We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy work/life balance.DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
- Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401K plan with a match
- Employee Discount plan
- Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL.We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
- The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
- The most efficient processes and fastest response times
- The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF):
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer.We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Vets. Click here for EEO Statements and Reasonable Accommodations.
Facts and Figures
Air Express International USA, Inc.
No travel required
Day Time Only
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn