Administrative Assistant I (US) - 3333 - Somerset NJ NERC (Somerset, NJ)
Provide personal secretarial services and administrative assistance while exercising initiative and judgment on a regular basis. Work independently under general direction of the General Manager, providing administrative and clerical support including records management, billing, payroll, personnel records, etc. Provide advanced administrative support for senior management as well as courteous, responsive and accurate information to associates.
- Manage the accounts payable and receivable process. Obtain purchase Orders, validate and process invoices. Contact vendors regarding discrepancies.
- Review, transmit and Manage weekly payroll process. Reconcile any issues that occur.
- Assist the General Manager with the month end close process.
- Type correspondence and reports from rough drafts, editing grammar, punctuation or spelling as needed.
- Use considerable judgment and initiative to determine the approach or action to take in non-routine situations.
- Screen telephone calls and visitors, ascertaining who can be redirected to subordinate managers or to other offices. Provide information to callers, requiring detailed knowledge of manager’s area of responsibility and General knowledge of company policies, practices and operations in an expeditious and courteous manner. Perform broad range of administrative details of highly confidential nature on a regular basis, requiring initiative and judgment to make independent decisions for which probable errors may have moderate effect on cost.
- Prepare a variety of highly confidential, specialized, and recurrent reports such as financial data. Produce high quality reports, presentations, proposals, or other documents.
- Maintain filing system including items that are confidential. Establish, Maintain, and when necessary, revise supervisor’s files.
- Maintain manager’s calendar, scheduling meetings and appointments. Regularly arrange travel and hotel accommodations for frequent extended trips. Compile and submit expense reports.
- Open and Review all mail directed to management staff. Compose responses to routine inquiries, and ascertain which items can be delegated to subordinate managers, and forward appropriate items to manager.
- Require continuous Use of technical and business vocabulary and a detailed knowledge of company operations, organizational procedures, and personnel.
- Coordinate high level meetings with associates, business unit-wide meetings, as well as customer meetings.
- Serve as central communication point for associates on human resource and associate relations items.
- Delegate work to one or two clerical associates to Assist with routine duties.
- Follow Up on all assignments delegated to subordinate managers as to status, completion, etc.
- Operate office equipment including fax, copiers, printers, binding machines.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Two years using MS Excel, MS Word and an email system
- Three years related experience, preferred
- Two years experience with accounts receivable and accounts payable, preferred
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer.