Position: Workshop Manager
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 17th November 2017
For the role of Workshop Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that you have overall day to day management responsibility for all aspects of the retail service for a group of prisons within an allocated Workshop. The position will also supervise appropriate staff to achieve this aim and liaise with suppliers and HMPS staff to ensure agreed processes are correctly adhered to and improvements sought.
What is involved in the Role?
• Working within the confines of HM Prisons
• The role is subject to gaining HMP Security Clearance
• Instructing and Training a group of prisoners in an enclosed environment
• Working in close proximity (face to face contact with prisoners)
• Handling prisoner complaints in a calm, professional manner.
• Understanding how to challenge prisoners and HM Prison Staff
• Develop positive working relationships with HM Prison Service Staff
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
• Responsibility for day to day activities within Workshop.
• Responsible for the accurate on-going stock control for Workshop.
• Responsible for the supervision, direction and development of workshop supervisors, Team Leadersand Order distributors.
• Liaison with Booker and HMPS teams.
• Liaison with welfare groups and recommend items for the National Product list.
• Work in collaboration with other workshops to maximise efficiencies and best practice.
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Flexibility with regards to shift and working rota
• Understand and comply with all relevant legislative and Company rules, agreements, policies and quality procedures. Ensure Company policies are communicated, applied and enforced.
• Manage the purchase, supply and distribution of catalogue items from high street retailers.
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
• Achievement of operational performance as defined by customer contract and KPI's.
• Achievement of personal development objectives.
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate a team in a challenging environment
• Proven experience of managing and developing a team.
• Must have a flexible, logical and problem solving approach and able to use own initiative.
• Commercially astute, ability to combine commercial considerations and customer focus with sound judgement.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Self motivated and dedicated hands-on professional, possessing excellent IT capabilities.
• Assume responsibility for individual and team members development.
• Demonstrable knowledge of Health and Safety Procedures.
• Knowledge of DHL Health & Safety policies and processes.
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Facts and Figures
DHL Supply Chain UK
Work Permit Required
Day time only