Principal Solution Architect (Security)
• Ensuring the defined standards are fit-for purpose
• Ensure the solution design and its implementation in relevant systems meets the requirements
• Support the solution design for any projects that are impacted by changes.
• Build working relationships with fellow architects and cyber security colleagues to achieve an implementable Security Solution Architecture aligned with the IT and Security Standards.
• Building working relationships with Business representatives and IT representatives to gain sufficient understanding of the business needs and variance to allow a clear definition and optimization if required of a Security Solution Architecture.
• Identify and document all aspects/views of the solution.
• Review project documentation to ensure compliance with the Security Solution Architecture to ensure designs are consistent with the overall Express IT Target architecture.
• Track and provide visibility to architecture exceptions to Enterprise Architecture. Raise and document exceptions.
• Responsible to the project/program manager for the specification of a Security Solution Architecture that satisfy the business requirements implementable within the constraints of budget and timelines.
• Working relationship with other members of the architecture teams to seek alignment and to leverage opportunities across DHL Express.
• Propose to Global Enterprise Architecture best practices that result from the IT solution implementation.
• Ensure the architecture governance and touchpoint processes are followed during the project lifecycle.
• Identify redundancies in the Domain IT landscape view and propose to the Enterprise Architecture simplification strategies.
• Responsible for the realization of the IT Solution Architecture projects.
• Contribute to the development and realization of the Express target architecture.
• Provide impact analysis on potential changes to the solution architecture for e.g. as a result of changes in the business requirement or IT solution.
• Architecture certifications from information systems professional body preferred.
• At least 10 years of multi-disciplined IT experience including:
o At least 5 years of Architecture responsibilities in large sophisticated organization with high volume/high transaction environment.
o Development experience in a team that has provided world class results, specification and configuration of systems, interfaces, including data and performance analysis across large multinational organizations.
o Experience in integration architecture, B2C and B2B architectures, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), including event management, business process management, business rules engine and complex event processing, mobile technologies.
• Proven knowledge of Vulnerability Assessment, Penetration Testing and DevSecOps.
• Have reasonable knowledge of IT security especially in the area of Identity and Access Management, cryptography and key management.
• Working knowledge of Logistics/Transportation industry.
• Project management Experience in large complex projects.
• Knowledge of advanced technologies such as machine learning, data mining, text mining, deep learning, natural language processing is a plus.
• Proven ability to gather information needed for analysis; analyzes and defines functional and technical requirements; prepares architectural requirements documentation.
• Proven ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
• Proven ability to establish courses of action for self and others (i.e. IT suppliers) to ensure that architecture is developed and implemented efficiently.
• Proven ability to accomplish architecture tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful for deviations in quality.
• A strategic thinker with the imagination and foresight to conceptualize new technological solutions and products that address the core business objectives.
• Energetic, enthusiastic and results-oriented.
• Committed to “best practices” and best in class architecture frameworks and development methodologies enabling to position DHL as a leader and innovator in the marketplace.
• In depth technical background with solid accomplishments in delivering solutions with reduced complexity.
• Superior communication skills with technical and non-technical senior management.
• Ability to team with, and manage, a strong partner/supplier system
• Ability to overcome the complexities involved in changing processes and implementing new technologies, and the resulting impact on people and the organization.
• Ability to focus on what is important for the organization as a whole whilst operating within a level of organizational ambiguity.
Facts and Figures
<15% of the time