Operations Agent (XSC)
You will be part of our Operations team, performs network and administrative duties on behalf of the Service Centre in order to process material (both inbound and outbound) and provide network and shipment information often within tight time-frames. Such duties can be performed both at the service centre and / or external mobile service point (MSV).
• Process inbound and outbound materials in accordance to company's process and policies both in the warehouse as well as external mobile service points (MSV) as assigned.
• Inbound shipment to be processed upon arrival and ensure that shipment is available to the couriers for sorting and delivery.
• All other inbound shipments pending delivery are to be secured according to the Security policy and procedures.
• Ensure that all shipments are reweighed and have the correct bagging profile.
• Ensure that all shipments are compliant with FSDC requirements.
• Be vigilant and highlight if there is any incorrect paperwork and stop the process for immediate rectification.
• To raise all suspected Dangerous Goods with proper alert checkpoint.
• Ensure proper care when processing shipments so that shipments are in good condition before uplift and delivery.
• Keep up to date on knowledge so that sound advice can be provided to customers on taxes, communication channels available (e.g. channel to handle public queries at MSV location).
• Assist in ensuring operational practices and procedures are carried out effectively.
• Keep process area clean and tidy and make sure that it is ready for the next process cycle.
• Inform team leads and / supervisors on all service related issues, work together to provide suggestions to resolve the issues as well as to improve operation efficiencies or processes.
• Take personal accountability to ensure service standards are met at all times.
• Support Company-wide initiatives including the provision of sales leads.
• Participate in all Country and / or Function's project initiatives to drive continuous improvements and efficiencies
• 1 - 2 years relevant warehouse or logistics experience
• Forklift and Class 3 driving license an advantage
• GCE 'N' or 'O' levels preferred
• Good communication in English
Facts and Figures
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn