Legal Counsel Regional Office Malaysia
Would you like to be a part of the company that wherever you are in the world, you’re never far from one of vans, trucks, warehouses, scooters, planes, boats or your colleagues?
At Deutsche Post DHL, we connect people, improving their lives across 220 countries worldwide and offer unparalleled expertise in logistics solutions as well as international mail services.
In Legal department we are bringing together our experienced lawyers support all Business Units in relation to customer and supplier facing contracts, negotiations and claims as well as general litigation and commercial law matters. Would you like to contribute to this? Are you keen to contribute on business success of the company and be a great adviser for internal stakeholders?
If this is something what interest you, read on:
Your tasks will be:
- Provides quality legal support to all AP GBS Legal teams and (where appropriate) DP DHL Business units in the Asia Pacific region;
- Assists the various AP GBS Legal teams to ensure that all business units in the Asia Pacific region comply with laws and regulations relating to the relevant business unit in the relevant country;
- Assists, through its activities, the various AP GBS Legal teams to implement and/or further the global legal strategy at a regional/country level in order to ensure effective use of common tools and consistent reporting;
- Where appropriate and if requested, supports other corporate functions by delivering the legal service component necessary in overall attainment of their goals;
- Where appropriate and if requested, assists the various AP GBS Legal teams in implementing country legal risk mitigation strategies.
- Acts as “mobile legal squad” by providing ad-hoc support to fill resource gaps or workload overflow in various AP GBS Legal teams;
- Where appropriate and if requested, assists in managing external legal counsel necessary for provision of legal services to business units;
- Where appropriate and if requested, represents the Company in negotiations with partners, customers, suppliers, governmental and regulatory authorities;
- Where appropriate and if requested, provides information, reports and confirmation to auditors, bankers and suppliers required in relation to any local business unit’s operations;
- Provides general business legal advice and assistance to the various AP GBS Legal teams by engaging in activities such as (but not limited to): (a) drafting and reviewing confidentiality agreements, supplier contracts and customer contracts: (b) reviewing RFQs/tenders and preparing RFQ/tender responses where appropriate; (c) checking BCA approval conditions against near-final drafts of contracts; (d) preparing briefing/advisory notes to AP GBS Legal team members to help the team members prepare for contract negotiations/meetings;
- Where appropriate and if requested, assists in procuring legal advice and external legal service in any area of law outside area of specialization/competence;
- Provides quarterly legal activity reports to line manager;
- Proactively advises line manager and/or AP GBS Legal team members on any development in the law applicable to country/region and business unit and contribute (if requested) to the design and delivery of training courses on legal topics relevant to the business.
Your profile should include:
- Commercial pragmatism, ability to apply legal knowledge and expertise into business environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and proficiency in another Asian language would be desirable
- Good understanding of DHL’s business activities
- Attention to detail, independent and confident with good legal knowledge, as well as analytical and drafting skills
- 3-5 years of legal practice in commercial law firm or in‑house legal department
- Good law degree from a reputable local/foreign university
- Professional admission/qualification to practice in a relevant Asia Pacific jurisdiction would be desirable
- Fantastic working environment
- Possible further career development
- Competitive salary package + benefits
If this is something you would like to do, don’t hesitate and start your application.
Facts and Figures
DHL Finance, GBS Asia Pacific
Work Permit Required