Intern, DHL Asia Pacific Innovation Center
The DHL Innovation Center is the perfect platform to inspire our customers, connect and engage with internal and external trend and subject-matter experts, and exchange ideas on latest technologies and trends that will impact the logistics industry. Since December 2015, logistics trends and innovative solutions are showcased in the Asian region at the Asia Pacific Innovation Center (APIC) in Singapore. This facility serves as a platform to innovate with our customers, industry partners, as well as research and government communities.
In the Innovation Center you will be involved in thought leadership work streams such as the publication of an Asia focused trend report, helping to increase awareness of existing trend reports by organizing trend events and scouting for relevant start-ups/partners on specific topics. Most of activities would focus in Singapore and China.
You will also have a chance to work on one or two customer-centric innovation projects with DHL largest customers and operational divisions. Some past projects have included the use of smart glasses for order picking and collaborative robotics for warehousing operations to increase operational efficiency.
1. Organize China Innovation Day in close collaboration with DHL Business Units
You would be expected to:
- work with the team of cross-BU representatives to define the agenda
- scout for relevant speakers, partners, start-ups to bring in on relevant topics
- work with local team to select the venue and agree on logistics details
- support overall event planning and management
2. Support research and writing of a report (5-6 pages) on Robotics Trends in Asia: combining learnings from Robotics Proof-of-concepts in the region to be released in China Innovation Day.
3. Drive forward the concept of Innovation Center in a Meeting Room (work with a pilot country to establish this concept)
- Become familiar with key social, business and technology trends that are influencing the logistics industry and understand their implications for warehousing, transportation and delivery needs of the future
-Improved project management skills from supporting and eventually taking ownership of various pilot and thought leadership workstreams
-Create a internal network within DHL and external network with innovation partners
-Gain insights and expertise on how to run agile customer-centric innovation projects in an international and large organization
- Graduate / Post-Graduate in Business, Information Technology, Engineering, Economics
- Fluent in English. Language Proficiency in an Asian Language will be a plus. Mandarin preferred due to nature of project requirements
- MS Office Applications
- Team work is crucial. Project management skills required.
- Ability to structure and plan would be required.
- Strong responsibility over the quality of deliverables
- Candidates must be based in Singapore and able to fulfill full-time internship for a period of 6 - 9 months
Note: Please indicate your student pass no., earliest commencement date, availability period and commitment level (Full-Time: 5 days work week / Part-Time: min 16 hours per week) in your CV. Applicants are reminded to ensure that you have valid authorization to intern / work part-time in Singapore with a valid student pass from the list of approved institution or a work holiday pass. For more information, please refer to Ministry of Manpower website: www.mom.gov.sg
Facts and Figures
8.30am - 5.30pm
DHL Customer Solutions & Innovation APAC
Work Permit Required