Director, Solution Design, Resource Management Office & Practise Lead, APAC
- To be SME in solutions design and sector-specific skills/ tools
- To champion design capability enhancement/ deployment across APAC Region
- To train and mentor country SD teams on specific skills/ project needs
- To manage the APAC SD resource management office- overseeing the assignment of SD resources to projects; ensuring availability, best skills match and compliance to assignment rules
- Assist regional and country lead and resource development topics- across on and off the job training, role rotation and development topics
- Engage and work closely with cluster/ country SD team on resource assignment and development topics
- Engage and work closely with Sector/ BD leads team on proposing solution design support needs at a country level.
- Engage and work closely with country teams in the pursuit of consultancy support, new business, operational implementations and re-engineering initiatives
- Lead SD team in clearly outlining solutions and commercial proposals in appropriate formats for presentation to internal / customers. Participate in customer presentations where required
- Develop and maintain good and effective communication at all levels- with strong cultural awareness on the diversity of the region
- Actively seek to understand and apply innovation, technology and safety to solutions
- Championed assigned practise/ subject matter for the region- subject expertise/ depth via research and application, team development & training, engagement on relevant projects to build depths and in-country development
- Lead in solution improvement engagements and strategic customer interfaces as assigned
- Liaise at the appropriate level to ensure customer retention, development and growth of new business
- Act as “focal point” for escalations with regards to related solution design issues
- Drive innovative, best fit solution to meet customer's supply chain needs and challenges
- Assigned solution SME and point of contact for escalations with regards to solution design support
- Interfaces with regional & country mgt (ops/ BD/ sectors) on the development and support of assigned solution resources
- Works with regional / sector/ country leads to forecast and manage the demand and skill requirements on SD practitioners within assigned practise
- Works with global practise lead and industry practioners to develop and transfer best in class solution skills
- Drive the practise strategy and agenda across multiple countries and team
- Responsible for designing levels of expertise within the practice and accrediting SDs to undertake responsibilities under the Practice Director
- Monitors and manages which projects are going into the pipeline related to the practice, to asses the demand and growth of the practice
- Signs off solutions related to the practice: where the practice is very large, oversees practitioners in signing off solutions
- To have knowledge of related products, competent in solutions design and sector-specific skills/tools
- Collect and collate data relating to the target operations and facilitating the transfer of best practice across the region from personal experience or experience within DHL
- Identify requirements for, and develop appropriate proprietary tools to support the solution design process where required; e.g. Transport Cost Model etc.
- Develop and carry-out training programs that support the development of core and specialist solution design competencies across the region (i.e. Transport Solution Design Training), whilst ensuring training is embedded and continuously developed to match skills development in country.
- Develop a high performance SD/ practise team within the country and region
- Develop IKOs/KPIs with team members and monitor individual performance.
- Identify training needs and opportunities to develop a highly skilled functional department. Trains and develops managers for succession.
- Conduct performance appraisal, including coaching
- Manage the allocation of appropriate resources and commitment of staff to the achievement of regional and country objectives and targets.
- Degree/ Masters in relevant discipline
- 10 years relevant experience in solution design and transport management
- Must have exposure to modeling of complex warehousing or domestic transport network, logistics / transport operations, etc
- Experience in at least one modeling / simulation tool
Facts and Figures
DHL Supply Chain Regional Office Singapore
Work Permit Required