You will be part of our Operations team, responsible to sort, deliver and pick up shipments in the most efficient and cost-productive manner. As a DHL Certified International Specialist, you are our brand ambassador to customers and the general public.
- Ensure all shipments for the allocated route (courier route or mobile service vehicle points) are sorted, delivered, handover and picked up in accordance to policies and procedures, constantly upholding safety, compliance and branding standards.
- Ensure that checkpoints are captured for all shipment processing activities.
- Be on time at the belt during sorting to ensure that shipments are sorted to the respective routes (staff or contractor routes) as required by the operational cycles daily.
- Deliver shipments as per allocated time and in accordance to customer's requests.All requirements for time sensitive shipments to be observed.
- Collect pickup shipments as per time window assigned and ensure that all outbound shipment is handover on time at the designated sweep points.
- Ensure all delivery and pickups with cash transactions are collected.Payments and documentation to be handed accordingly by end of the day.
- Reconcile all non-delivered shipments and ensure priority is given to these for the next delivery cycle.
- At the mobile service vehicle points, to ensure all handover procedures are conducted in accordance to the required process.Update departure of sweeper vehicle.
- Be responsible for the overall cleanliness, maintenance and upkeep of the vehicle and equipment (e.g. scanner) allocated.Conduct daily checks, take preventive / corrective actions in cases of equipment failure or malfunction,highlight / report any incident / observation) to the team lead.
- Perform duties professionally and courteously in line with Company image with respect to all road users.
- Where allocated and required, to support in route coverage and helpdesk activities to ensure smooth operations at the service centre.
- Keep up to date on knowledge so that sound advice can be provided to customers on taxes, communication channels available.
- Maintain close communication with despatch team, highlighting if customers' needs change affecting delivery / pickup requirements.
- Inform team leads and / supervisors on all service related issues, work together to provide suggestions to resolve the issues as well as to improve operation efficiencies or processes.
- Support Company-wide initiatives including the provision of sales leads.
- Participate in all Country and / or Function's project initiatives to drive continuous improvements and efficiencies.
·Possess a valid Class 3 Singapore Driving License (to drive manual commercial vehicle)
·Minimum 1 - 2 years driving experience
·Good understanding of Singapore routes
·GCE 'N' or 'O' levels preferred
·Good communication in English
Facts and Figures
<15% of the time
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn