Assistant Manager, Client Support Services
DHL is present in over 220 countries and territories across the globe, making it the most international company in the world. With a workforce exceeding 350,000 employees, we provide solutions for an almost infinite number of logistics needs.
DHL is part of the world’s leading postal and logistics company Deutsche Post DHL Group, and encompasses the business units DHL Express, DHL Parcel, DHL eCommerce, DHL Global Forwarding, DHL Freight and DHL Supply Chain.
We connect people and improve their lives. And we do it by being uncompromisingly customer-centric and delivering excellence day in and day out. By bringing people together and making life simpler – for our customers, our employees, our investors, and our society – we help make the world a better place.
Being The Logistics Company for the World goes well beyond our global presence in over 220 countries and territories, or our tireless pioneer spirit when it comes to new markets. It also extends beyond our unique ability to offer a remarkable range of logistics solutions – from mission-critical express deliveries to economical freight transportation, from taking the complexity out of customs to managing the complexity of global supply chains and everything in between.
We want to be the logistics company people turn to – the first choice not only for all shipping needs, but also the first choice for career and investment opportunities, and being the global benchmark for responsible business practice.
• Manage Network customer as a single point of contact for performance, relationship and escalation management
• Generate new business leads to support growth agenda
• Proactively offer recommendations for issue resolution and process improvements
BUSINESS PERFORMANCE SUPPORT & BUSINESS LEADS GENERATION
• Generate new business leads to Account Managers (e.g. up-selling or cross-selling)
• Act as the Single Point Of Contact to the assigned SL network customer
• Lead Business Reviews with customers for business continuity and sustainable partnership
• Work with respective Account Managers to ensure execution of Account Plans
• Align country’s Ops Performance with global/regional goals
• Ensure consistency and service quality in collaborations with Network Operations ALM/ROM
• Govern customer Change Requests to ensure scope management & cost recovery
• Manage customer escalations and drive recovery plans
• Ensure the timely distribution of integrated performance reports to specific regional/global customers
• Provide ad hoc reporting and analysis as assigned
• Identify Performance trends and hotspots
• Facilitate CI programs in various aspects – operations, systems, financial audits in collaborations with Network Operations
• Share best practices across countries and accounts
• Supports process standardization to attain an operating standard model
• Track and monitor cost savings in collaboration with Network Operations
• Represent CSS to participate in adhoc cross-functional projects
•Grow SL share of wallet for existing customers in the region, focusing on regional account plans, commercial ownership of accounts and regional proposals (RFQ, renewal, commercial CRF) ownership
•Ensure overall commercial ownership of SL account in the region (incl. regional management of Global account)
•Develop pro-active business retention and growth plans that protect/enhance margins and are aligned with key internal stakeholder strategies.
•Accountable for tracking and managing account profitability in line and direct contact with Finance (e.g. DSO issues). Identifies root causes to take direct actions and/or liaise & track other functions to solve account profitability issues
• Solid understanding of the principles of supply chain management
• Excellent communications skills
• Well developed people management skills; ability to lead and inspire teams to accomplish objectives
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills; both short-term/tactical and long-term/strategic
• Well-structured, change oriented and results focused
• Internationally orientated executive.
Facts and Figures
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn