Would you like to be part of the most international company in the world?
A company operating in more than 220 countries worldwide, and has been pioneering cross-border express shipping since 1969. Would you like to be part of a business that connects people across the globe? And the more we connect, the better life on Earth becomes. Do you want to make a difference? If you have answered Yes! to the above, join our Insanely Customer-Centric team now! For more information on DHL Express, please visit workingatdhl.com.
DHL Express Global Head Office has an opening for Application Manager in the Global Business IT, Network Data Domain. The main responsibilities are to i) Drive the definition of solutions, products and applications that are fit for purpose both functionally and technically, specifically improving content development, design, etc, ii) Ensure that solutions are delivered with the right technology and best possible design for the given scope and iii) Provide technical know-how for deployment of solutions.
- Lead and manage projects development and implementation to ensure that solutions are delivered to agreed scope and quality, in any or all project phases including requirements, design, build and deployment.
- Ensure adherence to DHL Express business and IT standards, not limited to architecture, security, development, and process standards.
- Final point of escalation, focal point and subject matter expert on the Application and processes governing it.
- Ensure that the portfolio of solutions is available with no disruption and up-to-date with the changing business needs.
- Work with business functions to clarify requirements and set the scope.
- Work directly with external and/or internal IT resources during the execution of a project.
- Participate in project work streams based on role and involvement.
- Act as lead for delivery of IT components of global projects with full technical responsibility.
- Implement the right set of tools, framework and standards for IT development while promoting re-use.
- Provide regular reports of progress towards meeting project deliverables.
- Active participation in the project controlling and QA processes.
- Act as technical/product expert to guide project team members for the duration of the project; Involved in cross-functional training.
- Provide analytical support within Operational and Service quality improvement, and costs reduction opportunities initiatives.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- At least 8 years of multi-disciplined IT experience including:
- Experience in managing projects involving development, testing, and deployment support for medium- to large-scale projects.
- Technical skills or knowledge of design and development tools (e.g. Java, C++, relational databases, LINUX/UNIX operating systems; Web-based development or ServiceNow NOW Platform preferred).
- Proven track record for managing and delivering complex IT solutions.
- At least 3 years of experience in a multi-national enterprise, preferably within the logistics or transportation sector.
- Skills and expertise in one or more database engines with preference of Postgres, MySQL, Teradata, and Oracle.
- Keen and willing to learn new technologies and where appropriate.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, and planning skills.
- Diplomatic, tactful, patient, and sensitive to cultural differences.
- Highly customer oriented.
- Advanced University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field or similar experience/education.
- Professional Certification in at least one relevant Project Management Technique (Prince2 or PMI) or IT Service Management Technique (i.e., ITIL).
Do you see a personal challenge in these versatile and responsible tasks? Apply now!
We look forward to receiving your application!
Facts and Figures
<15% of the time
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn