BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Location: Midlands & North
Customer: NISA (Part Of The Co Op Group)
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 22nd November 2019
Did you know that DHL Supply Chain is the world's leading contract logistics provider? Did you know that we employ over 40,000 people in the UK alone and that we have a habit of promoting from within? Did you know that each of our customers have a dedicated finance function and Finance and Operations work seamlessly to ensure we maintain our status as the partner of choice for businesses around the world.
We work across multiple sectors including Retail, Automotive, Aerospace, FMCG, Retail, Public Sector and Aviation? This diversity means that no two contracts are the same and the possibilities of career development are almost endless.
If you want to be part of this incredible journey, DHL Supply Chain has the opportunity for you.
We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller who will manage the running of a controlled and efficient finance function, working within DPDHL guidelines to deliver accurate financial results in a strong, control-focused environment. You will manager financial / commercial risk and opportunities for margin improvement. You will become a trusted Business Partner of DHL SC operational, commercial and direct line finance teams, as well as the FC for one of DHLs largest national accounts NISA with a P&L in excess of £100M. DHL are NISA chosen supply chain partner and have responsibility for all multi temperature warehousing and transport operations across UK&I, there are 5 main DCs Scunthorpe, Stoke, Rugby, Harlow and Livingston as well as 5 cross dock centres and over 350 vehicles and over 1500 employees. You will also be a senior manager within the accounts leadership team and you will also actively help deliver the DHL & NISA UK&I finance strategy.
The Key Responsibilities of the Financial Controller will include:
- Making your customer more successful
- Provide financial governance and support as a business partner
- Deliver solutions to minimise financial and commercial risk
- Improving efficiency, profitability and cash flow
- Provide appropriate analysis and recommendations to influence decision making processes
- Communication any changes in commercial and financial requirements effectively
- Developing robust working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure financial and customer reporting and forecasting aids decision making in the business
- Shaping Direction
- Deliver BU and UKI strategy
- Adopt and deliver the UKI Finance strategy
- Driving High Performance
- Ensure financial controls are highly effective and compliant
- Create and maintain high class financial reporting
- Identify and manage financial and commercial risk
- Understand and manage sources of profit delivery including flex budgets, gain share, KPIs, pricing mechanisms etc.
- Manage and monitor ongoing future financial performance to ensure optimised decision making
- Create, drive and manage improvement programmes to aid efficiency and profitability
- Control and Governance
- Ensure adherence to DPDHL accounting standards, business compliance, policies and procedures are adopted and complied to
- Own and deliver quality, effectiveness and robustness of the reporting and control agenda
- Managing financial and commercial reporting and forecasting to aid decision making
- Developing Others
- Actively manager, develop and motivate the finance team
- Manage and support career development and succession agenda
- Manage and develop financial and commercial expertise in the business
To be successful as a Financial Controller in DHL Supply Chain you need the following:
- Proven track record in a similar level role with experience of the above requirements
- Experience in business management, financial auditing or cross divisional companies
- Ability to influence key decision makers at all level
- Excellent knowledge of accounting processes and terminology
- People management experience and excellent communication skills
- Relevant financial qualification (ICAEW, CIMA, ACCA) or equivalent
- Degree educated in a relevant subject (Finance, Economics, Business Administration) or similar
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, Company car, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
Joining the DHL family is easy! If you feel that you meet the criteria, have the passion to succeed and have the DHL values simply apply online, uploading an –up-to-date CV with your application. Alternative you can call Richard Mariner at 07522 302719 to discuss further.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Facts and Figures
Retail & Consumer
Below 50% of total work time