Senior Human Resources Business Partner
RCS Level: J or P4
What makes DHL great? Our People! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Express Delivery and Logistics Company in the world.
DHL Express is committed to maintaining an environment that empowers every team member to make the greatest possible impact on our business. Our corporate culture is about personal commitment – to our business, to each other and to our global communities. DHL is dedicated to being a great place to work. In addition to competitive compensation packages, our employees enjoy a range of programs, services and benefits that bring
the best to their personal lives.
Start YOUR career with DHL today…
DHL Express currently has an opening for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner in our Northern California market. This role will be based in the Bay area. The successful candidate will provide day-to-day human resources support and counsel to a business unit and/or functional group covering many or most of the following areas: talent management, compensation, benefits, training, employee and labor relations, employee communications, safety and employment documentation and recruiting. This role will ensure consistent application of policies and procedures and serve as a liaison and voice of the internal departments/divisions and/or outside organizations.
Administers core human resource processes including employment, labor and employee relations, compensation, benefits, performance management and workforce planning within a specific business unit or subsidiary. Consults with leadership of the business unit or subsidiary on strategic and tactical human resources issues.
- Administers approved company-wide employee relations policies and practices.
- Works with managers and employees to investigate and resolve employee relations issues.
- Consults with management and Labor Relations to properly interpret and apply collective bargaining agreements for covered employees.
- Serves as consultant to management on major matters pertaining to policies,
plans, and objectives.
- Prepares reports and analyzes data from human resource information systems for information reporting and management decision making.
- Develops internal communication materials regarding benefits, compensation, and other human resources policies and procedures or other internal business
- Conducts executive, exempt, technical, non-technical and nonexempt recruiting support and counsel including sourcing, interviewing candidates, preparing correspondence, and extending employment offers.
- Will provide functional guidance, advice and/or training to business partners
this position supports.
- Will handle individual employee issues as well as common systemic employee
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Human Resources, Business Admin, or related field.
- Masters degree in HR or related field is a plus.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in HR related field.
- Prior experience working in a Union environment required.
- Seasoned professional that is concerned with problems that have a direct and
important effect on business programs and results.
- Ability to integrate into the business.
- Resourceful and self-sufficient.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in the English
- Proficient in Microsoft (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work with confidential information and maintain confidentiality at
all times is critical.
- Professional certification (PHR/SPHR) preferred.
- Ability to adapt to a wide variety of situations and personalities.
- Travel approximately 35 - 50%
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Facts and Figures
DHL Express US
Work Permit Required
Day time only