Job Title: Area Domestic Manager
Job Location: San Francisco, California
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) manages the flow of goods and information across a customer's global supply chain utilizing air/ocean/ground transportation, customs brokerage services, and dedicated warehousing/distribution centers. We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
We have an exciting opportunity for an Area Domestic Manager to lead and direct activity for the domestic movement of goods for DGF.The Area Domestic Manager (ADM) is directly responsible for achieving local DOM goals and budgets, supports quality improvement initiatives and overseeing the operation and management of the staff as needed within the product.The ADM will support and ensure that Domestic Best Practices are adhered to within his area.The Area Domestic Manager will provide a work environment that is conducive to growth, mentoring, supporting sister products and in meeting our financial goals.Major areas of responsibility are listed below. This person will report to the SFO Station Manager.
- Develop and communicate the short/mid and long term strategic direction of the designated location / area
- Collaboration with Commercial, Product, Local SM and other DOM locations.
- Develop Yearly business plans with monthly follow up to include review with commercial and competency center owners
- Perform periodic formal business reviews with all designated location key accounts
- Develop regular customer facing interaction for small/medium customers not included in MNC/CSI Periodic Review process
- Participate in local Sales meetings weekly, establishing a consistent and recurring time schedule for availabilityfor sales calls with local sales teams in addition to BDMs if available locally
- Develop and communicate the marketing plan strategy for the designated area
- Provide competitive and timely rate proposals for local sales and BDMs as needed.
- Establish consistent sales call availability as needed with local sales and BDMs.
- Lead First Choice / ISO / Process improvement culture for the designated location
- Monitor and Track Exceptions through CNF report
- Insure adherence to Best Practice concepts and processes
- Station lead in Best Practice audit and establish BIP for those points in which scoring dictates
- Embrace internal and vendor corrective action through use of CCM, customer input
- Review location Profit and Loss while developing plans to improve operational performance to include cost controls, vendor management, account profitability review, carrier selection process and other profit enhancing opportunities.
- Business continuity: Develop procedures to insure minimal business interruptions
- Manage Product and budgetary KPi's as required
Skills / Requirements:
- Five to eight years of experience in logistic, transportation or a related field
- Applies advanced skills to resolve complex problems independently
- Minimal supervision required and operates with considerable latitude and independently performs assignments of complex nature
- Lead others in developing innovative solutions to highly complex problems and contribute to employees’ professional development
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Very effective organizational skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Knowledge of basic accounting, financial and business principles as applied to management leadership.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Management or a related discipline is desired
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its’ employees, society, and environment. You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL. We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy work/life balance. DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
- Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401K plan with a match
- Employee Discount plan
- Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL. We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
- The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
- The most efficient processes and fastest response times
- The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF):
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
Facts and Figures
DHL Global Forwarding US
Work Permit Required
Day time only