National General Manager
BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Position: National General Manager (Head of Region 1)
Location: National Role - Ideal locations would be in the region of Birmingham, Wakefield or Manchester.
Customer: TJX (TK MAXX)
Grade/Salary: RCS H / Up to £70,000 depending on experience
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 26th June 2019
Are you a motivated, organized individual seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment? Would you enjoy being part of a dedicated team that works together to create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our customers and employees? If you’re looking for change, and you’re ready to make changes … we’re looking for you.
At DHL our business is logistics, but people are our passion. With over 500,000 team members in 220 countries, we attract and retain great talent. We are one of the most innovative, most culturally diverse companies on the planet. We provide unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development. We really are a, “Best Place to Work.”
If this sounds like a team you’d like to join … keep reading.
We make promises to our customers, and we’ll make promises to you too.
As a National General Manager, you will be responsible for leading the UK Transport and Warehouse Outbound operations for TJX and play a key role in the strategic leadership of the account and will form part of the leadership team. You will have significant customer interaction, be the primary point of contact for 3 PC's, 100 DD loads per day to 8 x Cross Dock Facilities and final mile store delivery to 400 store. Another element of this role will be to delivery ley strategy savings as part of the tender commitment and maximise profit opportunities through the closed book gainshare mechanism. Furthermore, you will be responsible for delivering high quality and cost efficient services through professional account management and leveraging the wider DHL.
You can expect your time to be divided 3 ways, 25% will be focused on managing and developing 2 General Managers, 25% will be focused on the strategic development and improvement of the account and 50% of your time will be spent working closely with the customer as a strategic partner on this open book account.
The key responsibilities in this role include:
- Deliver Customer Budget. Own the budgeting process, achieve customer sign-off and drive high performance to ensure its delivery.
- Drive the change agenda and support the strategic approach to 'one fleet, one logistics' across inbound & outbound on the TJX account.
- Deliver contractual savings initiatives to enable improved cost efficiency for the customer and further enable gainshare opportunities for DHL.
- Accountable for the achievement of EAC/EBIT and Balance Sheet ownership, within defined corporate and legislative requirements.
- Accountable for the TJX Outbound customer relationship in the UK, measured against Customer survey results
You won’t find another job like the one you’ll find with DHL Supply Chain. Now, here’s what we need from you:
- Previous experience Senior Account Management experience.
- Customer relationship management skills.
- Significant business and strategy development experience.
- International or European experience desirable.
- UK National Transport & Cross Docking operational experience essential.
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL: https://youtu.be/G-nOa8Ddbbg
Facts and Figures
DHL Supply Chain UK
Work Permit Required