Regional HSE Manager (US-O) - 9825 - Romeoville IL (Romeoville, IL)
Regional HSE Manager
Do you enjoy working in a team environment providing proactive solutions and subject matter expertise to leaders on Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) related issues? Do you take an energetic and influential approach to bring challenge and perspective to processes as it relates to safety? Would you get job fulfillment by playing a pivotal role in making sure our environment is the best and safest possible workplace for our associates? Do you have a high regard for personal accountability and fully understand why technical HSE knowledge, integrity, trust, and customer focus are required qualities to display within the HSE function?
If so, DHL Supply Chain has the opportunity for you.
Manages organizational HSE and compliance with local, state, and federal health, safety, and environmental regulations in Area of Responsibly (AOR). Partner with Sr. Operations to implement regional HSE initiatives by providing technical assistance in the identification, evaluation, and control of workplace hazards. This role should only be used within the Functional HSE team. It may have direct line or dotted line reporting of the Campus and Field Safety Manager and Supervisors.
• Monitor and Evaluate sites in AOR to ensure compliance with regulatory and company requirements
• Ensure HSE agenda is included and aligned with Regional initiatives
• Communicate and provide guidance to Regional operations leadership and staff
• Implement standard HSE support offering using common tools and training
• Manage reporting and KPI's of operations in AOR
• Assist with Claims Management process for injuries in AOR
• Monitor and provide expertise and assistance on Logics Incident Module as a Super User of the system
• Contribute to Budget Process
• Manage, mentor and develop Campus Safety Managers and Field Safety Personnel
• Perform Compliance Audits
• Ensure Corrective actions are identified, implemented and effective
• Coach Senior Operations Personnel on proactive safety measures and visible safety leadership
• Identify SIP Locations in AOR and partner to implement strong and effective improvements
• Support Business Continuity Management in AOR
• Manage Start-Ups in AOR
• Provide Subject Matter Expertise to Program Management team when necessary
• Primary contact for Critical Near Calls and Regulatory Agencies
• Identify improvement opportunities and support the continuous improvement process
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in environmental, safety, industrial hygiene or related field., required
• 5-10 years of experience managing HSE in an operational or functional support role, required
• 1-3 years of warehouse/distribution/logistics experience, preferred
• Industrial Hygiene (CIH), preferred
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP), preferred
• Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM), preferred
• Certified Director of Safety (CDS) or Safety Supervisor (CSS), preferred
Our Organization has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development, training, and continuous improvement. We offer competitive wages, excellent affordable insurance benefits (including health, dental, vision and life), 401K plan, paid vacation and holidays.
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer.