Operations Gateway Manager
POSITION:Gateway Operations Manager
REPORTS TO: Area Operations Manager
LOCATION: Montreal, QC
The Gateway Operations Manager has responsibility for all aspects of the day to day operations, including the Import and Export operations, P&D operations and the airside ramp operations. Also has responsibility for the local financial/cost optimization.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes productivity, quality and cost measurements & strategies to achieve desired operational results.
- Ensures timely and accurate sortation and distribution of all Inbound material.
- Ensures Staff permits and Air operation audits area up to date
- Applies appropriate leadership/management style with open communication (i.e., communicates Corporate strategic plan, recognition of individual/team contributions) to motivate staff.
- Maintains equipment, in safe, efficient operating condition at all times.
- Establishes/maintains a proactive safety program in compliance with legislative requirements and the collective agreement.
- Maintains a good working environment with the labor union and ensures compliance in the application of the collective agreement
- Implements & follows up on Customer Service solutions as determined by Sales resource team.
- Addresses Customer complaints and escalated items in a professional, expedient manner
- Performs other assignments as required.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESULTS:
- Responsible for internal and external Customer satisfaction.
- Ensures all regulations pertaining to Canada customs guidelines are met
- Ensures all regulations pertaining to aviation and security are met
- Ensures all shipments follow operating procedures pertaining to scanning and visibility
- Identifies and addresses root causes of service failures.
- Ensures staff overtime/warehouse costs within approved budget.
- Ensures compliance with Transport of Dangerous Goods and CNESST.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven communication skills - written & oral
- Demonstrated experience in handling or working in Aviation
- Demonstrated leadership, analysis & problem solving skills.
- PC skills (Word processing & spreadsheet).
- Working knowledge/interpretation of Collective Agreements & Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Demonstrated drive, initiative & flexibility to ensure task completion.
- Demonstrated time management & organization skills.
- College or University designation.
- Manage multiple activities/deadlines.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be assertive.
- Experience working with Canada customs.
- Experience managing operations with components of aviation regulations.
- 3 years’ warehouse/on road operations experience in courier industry.
- Knowledge & compliance with Dangerous Goods .
- Prior working experience with lean / process improvement initiatives.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer and believe we will gain through the recruitment and development of staff who represent the broad diversity of the Canadian workforce.
Facts and Figures
DHL Express Canada
Work Permit Required
Day time only