Cross Border Operations Manager
We are currently seeking a Cross-Border Operations Manager to join DHL eCommerce Solutions, Malaysia!
The Cross-Border Operations Manager will manage Malaysia eCommerce Gateway Operations through planning and implementing strategies to ensure improvement and security in both service and transit time performance with full time end-to –end real time visibility, whilst managing costs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Provide best-in-class mail processing service to meet customer’s exacting business and operational requirements by ensuring development and implementation of initiatives, processes and relevant implementation measures.
Communicate progress activities progress and process / procedural plans.
- As such contribute to promoting company’s interest to expand customer base.
Country Managers and SMT
Support country management and regional initiatives, taking into account government and regulatory issues to ensure the service levels are met.
Government and Airport authorities, Ground Handling Agents
- Ensure Operational framework is within guidelines laid out by government and airport authorities.
Export brokers & Freight forwarders
Manage and work closely with export brokers, freight forwarders to ensure timely shipment recovery and lodgment achieving DHL eCommerce’s service objectives
- Provide the effective/efficient recommendation to export brokers and freight forwarders for more efficient handling of DHL eCommerce’s volumes and respective capacity allotments.
Service Partners and Vendors
Develop and manage relationship, manage performance and cost of export brokers, key suppliers, and partners.
- Equip and train them to deliver the same level of excellent service meeting performance standard.
- Maintain working relationship, and promote understanding of operational requirements between both parties.
Domestic transportation companies
- Manage domestic transportation companies which are delivering shipments to Shanghai gateway via drop-off points
Management Peers and SMT
Support other Management functions in various initiatives to achieve DHL eCommerce’s common objectives.
- Support and consult in achieving objectives and delivering best-in-class service to our customers.
Work with other hub and gateways to ensure potential shipment connectivity from origin to destination achieving on-time delivery and reliability.
Communicate and support other hubs and gateways in terms of shipment connectivity and contingency planning.
Ensure operations services are in line with the needs.
Make sure operations equipment and software are adequate for performing tasks.
Provide internal after sales support in order to optimize cost effectiveness and profitability targets.
Hub Operations Management
Develop and implement the Operations component of Annual Operating plans in tandem with the Regional strategies
Lead and direct the Operations team in the development and implementation of initiatives to achieve business priorities.
Coordinate with other stations to ensure the compliance of agreed standard.
Manage the measurement, monitoring and actions for performance and productivity improvement.
- Perform management tasks to ensure that DHL meets/improves upon its regulatory and environmental obligations while actively leading initiatives to remove trade impediments.
Mail Terminal Management Audits
Implement appropriate measures ensuring all operations are performed in the most efficient manner to meet transit time standards and costs targets.
Monitor and improve utilization of network options.
Maintains a safe, clean and fair working environment for all staff working in the terminals.
Ensure processes are compliant with regional and network operation policies.
- Plan and implement hub warehouse facilities, equipment and infrastructure in accordance with regional guidelines and local requirements.
Network Connectivity Management
Plan and implement processes to ensure full shipment connectivity.
Manage and implement contingency plans when there is a change in network planning and execution.
Conduct regular reviews of network options.
Enforce security practices in department to ensure policies and business needs are met.
Innovation and expansion
Develop initiatives and partnerships securing market-leading service relative to our cost position.
- Provide internal after sales support contributing to achieving revenue and profitability targets.
Determine organization structure, roles and responsibility and performance targets for the function, according to regional requirements.
Develop a culture of quality, service excellence for internal and external customers, flexibility and cost consciousness.
Plan, organize and direct efficient and effective functional roles where such are needed.
Manage the allocation of appropriate resources and commitment of staff to the achievement of Global, Regional and Country objectives and targets.
- Identify training needs where applicable.
Desired Skills / Qualifications
Knowledge about eCommerce business & B2C shipment handling.
Knowledge about warehouse activity.
Familiar with inbound/outbound/ storage process.
Advance software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Good communication skills, spoken and written.
Native in English and local language.
Min. 5 years’ experience in similar or comparable capacity preferably in a multi-national business environment.
Demonstrated leadership and customer service orientation.
- Mature professional with wide exposure to operations management in a logistics environment and / or transport industry.
Minimum Educational Qualification
Degree in Supply Chain or Engineering or Business Administration or its equivalent.
Facts and Figures
DHL eCommerce (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn