Area Operations Manager, Central Region
We are looking for an Area Operations Manager to join our DHL eCommerce Solution based in – DHL Ecommerce HQ, Malaysia.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Monitor and manage DHLeC network courier fleet operations in assigned regions.
- Ensure DHLeC service levels are met in assigned regions.
- Ensure full compliance of DHLeC SOPs in assigned regions.
- Source, onboard and manage agents/contractors in assigned regions.
- Monitor competitor activities for market intelligence gathering purposes.
- Manage resources deployment with assigned regions to ensure efficiency in resource utilization.
- Prepare management/operations report on regular basis and ad-hoc basis
- Identify areas of improvement on regular basis.
- Analyze historical data to work on improvement plan.
- Able to put up a good planning to handle spike of volume during sales campaign.
- Ensure full compliance to DHLeC's safety, quality and service excellence standards in assigned regions.
Role scope includes:
- Fleet Management
- Route Management
- Customer Service
- Managing People
- Data Analysis
- Lead, supervise and motivate the region's delivery network and courier fleet team.
- Train and monitor staff and contractors to ensure full compliance to DHLeC SOP.
- Drive personal /career development and progression of subordinates via coaching and counselling.
- Good knowledge of courier/express/ecommerce shipment management and delivery process flow.
- Good analytical skills and strong focus on continuous improvement.
- Strong operations planning and reporting background.
- Work experience as an area operations manager.
- Excellent communication and leadership.
- Sound decision making skills.
- Good knowledge of the assigned region and willing to travel.
- Good network of contacts for delivery agents/contractors in assigned region.
- Minimum Bachelor' Degree certification, relevant experience in the courier/ecommerce industry without degree certification would also be considered.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in a senior operational management role, previous experience in the courier/ecommerce industry is an advantage.
- Must be able to work independently in fast moving and robust expanding environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft and PowerPoint.
- Pro-active attitude.
- Hardworking, methodical and very structured.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Willing to travel.
Facts and Figures
DHL eCommerce (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn