Supervisor – Data Management
Provincia de Heredia, Costa Rica DHL Express 20005XP 22. September, 2020Apply
Would you like to be part of the most international company in the world?
A company operating in more than 220 countries worldwide, and has been pioneering cross-border express shipping since 1969. With over 550,000 employees, we connect people, improving their lives.
Discover the spirit of DHL EXPRESS and make your next career move today!
Career opportunities within Deutsche Post DHL Group are as diverse as our teams around the world.
Our corporate culture is about personal commitment – to our business, to each other and to our global communities. DHL EXPRESS is dedicated to being a great place to work.
Start YOUR career with DHL EXPRESS today…
About the role:
Would you like to start and develop a completely new Data Management Operational Team to exceed expectations of our customers? Are you a passionate Supervisor looking for autonomy and exciting career possibilities? Do you take an energetic approach to problem-solving while bringing innovative ideas to life on behalf of your team and your customers? Three times a ‘yes’? Read on, because DHL has the opportunity for you!
This is our offer
DHL is hiring a Supervisor Data Management (Stretch Assignment) to join its new team in Heredia, Costa Rica. In this role, you will be responsible for supervising a team of Agents that deliver Customs Clearance and Global Manifesting capabilities to various countries globally. You will ensure that Country requirements are followed with the required quality and productivity levels.
This is your job
- People management of up to 20 Agents. Communication skills are important as is a willingness to learn and grow with your team.
- Data quality and completeness
- Clearance information is captured so that applicable Duties and Taxes are calculated in accordance with country regulatory requirements.
- Shipment information is entered in accordance with Customer requirements on paperwork.
- Ensure shipment movement through the Network in accordance to Global SOP and compliance to regulatory requirements.
- Data timeliness
- Ensure all outbound shipment data manifesting is completed in the quickest, most efficient manner possible.
- Ensure all inbound cleansing and classification completed in the quickest, most efficient manner possible.
- Cutoffs are met to facilitate transport of shipments and accurate clearance at Export, Transit and Import points.
- Conduct regular meetings to discuss and resolve issues.
- Ensuring there is development of the team involving cross skilling process training and personal development.
- Understand the prioritizations and assign tasks correctly and in a timely manner, giving clear instructions to the Agents.
- Organize appropriate shifts and resolve levels to meet business requirements.
- Co-ordination, discussion and communication for daily working process.
- Provide high quality services and maintain performance on all levels of operation activities in order to meet all of the customers’ needs.
- Performance dialogues.
- Problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Monitor operational performance and complete all required reports.
- Submit monthly reports and establish action plans and improvement areas for forthcoming month.
- Ensure safe working practices and environment for the staff.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 3 years of experience or knowledge related in Customs or Logistics.
- Experience in people management (Preferable)
- Bachelor degree in Administration or any related field.
- Advanced Communication skills (English), spoken and written
- Excel Advanced.
- Software skills (word, powerpoint)
- Geographical Knowledge
- Must be willing to work on daily Shift from Tuesday to Saturday and 24/7 availability
- Analytical Skills
- Emotional intelligence
- Good Communication
- Continuous improvement mindset
DPDHL offers excellent opportunities of professional growth, a multicultural environment, with attractive benefits package and competitive salary conditions.
Interested in this position please click on “Apply” and send us your application including your resume.
We are looking forward to yo
Facts and Figures
<25% of the time
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn