Junior Accountant - Intercompany
Would you like to be part of the most international company in the world? A company operating in more than 220 countries worldwide, and has been pioneering cross-border express shipping since 1969. Would you like to be part of a business that connects people across the globe? And the more we connect, the better life on Earth becomes. And we reward and promote these whenever we can. Whether it’s through flexible work schedules and a culture of openness and respect or personal mentors and our comprehensive range of development programs as our 'Certified' programs, we’ll help you realize your full potential and become a specialist in your area.
About the role:
DHL is hiring a Junior Accountant to join its Heredia, Costa Rica team. In this role, you will ensure timely and accurate reporting of the monthly financial statements of DHL entities in accordance with Accounting principles and corporate policies. Additional tasks and accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform general ledger journal entries timely and accurately
- Prepare general month end ledger reports for month-end closing.
- Record intercompany invoices and follow up the processing status with the partners
- Give support to the team members in accounting process
- Ensure monthly manual recharges are issued timely and accurately (e.g. SLA recharges)
- Perform monthly inter-company reconciliations and confirmations in line with DPDHL IC guidelines
- Support the analytical review (balance sheet and profit & loss)
- Prepare and review balance sheet account reconciliations for specific account ranges in line with the DHL Express Regional Operating Model. Ensure that all relevant backups are stored in the appropriate location.
- Provide support for internal Financial Accounting control policies and procedures (CRISP controls)
- Provide support for quality control of outsourced Financial Accounting activities
- Ensure the financial accounts (balance sheets, P&L and Notes) are kept in line with IFRS, Deutsche Post DHL policy and guidelines, and the DHL Express Regional Operating Model.
- Support the audit process (internal and external) in the most efficient way
- Maintain and validate documentation: SOP's, job aids, process flows, contingency plans and Period-end timetables.
- Technical degree in Accounting or current student in Finance or Accounting
- 1 year of experience in accounting processes related with intercompany and fixed assets.
- Intermediate English level (Read, Written, Oral advance level).
- Advanced Excel
- Experience in SAP would be a plus
Facts and Figures
<15% of the time
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn