Customs Associate -Junior Associate
Provincia de Heredia, Costa Rica DHL Express 200047E 1. September, 2020Apply
Discover the spirit of DHL EXPRESS and make your next career move today!
Career opportunities within Deutsche Post DHL Group are as diverse as our teams around the world.
Our corporate culture is about personal commitment – to our business, to each other and to our global communities. DHL EXPRESS is dedicated to being a great place to work.
Would you like to be part of a business that connects people across the globe? The more we connect, the better life on Earth becomes.
We reward and promote whenever we can, whether it’s through flexible work schedules and a culture of openness and respect or personal mentors and our comprehensive range of development programs as our 'Certified' programs, we’ll help you realize your full potential and become a specialist in your area.
Start YOUR career with DHL EXPRESS today…
About the role:
DHL Express is hiring a Customs Associate (Junior Associate), to join its Data Management team in Heredia, Costa Rica. In this role, you will be responsible for the validation of customs information within the system, confirming accuracy and where discrepancies exist either take corrective action or where unable to resolve, follow the exception process to allow for identification of the issues. This is a global BPO.
The typical day of our Customs Associate might include:
- Meeting required Customs and Regulatory requirements
- Shipment movement through the Network in accordance to Global SOP and compliance to Customs requirements.
- Clearance information is captured that applicable Duties and Taxes are calculated or reliefs where applicable are granted.
- Paperwork presented within the application in accordance with the instructions outlined.
- Identify discrepancies within the paperwork and follow exception process to allow for identification of the issues.
- Be aware of the cut-off times outlined for each shipment type, each Service Center and/or Gateway, and ensure compliance with the time lines outlined are met.
This job might be for you if:
- You enjoy analyzing and processing information. You enjoy investigating for information. You don't get flustered easily.
- You pay attention to details. You like doing things right. You stay focused, and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
- You like learning new things, and you can learn quickly. When things change, you know how to roll with it.
- You are able to adapt easily. You can work in a fast paced environment. You know how to deal with changes.
- You are motivated and driven. You are going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference.
- 85% English oral skill, Advance written skills.
- Typing speed of 30 WPM in English, with high accuracy.
- High school diploma or above.
- Excel, beginner skills
- Desirable knowledge and/or studies in the customs field.
- Scheduled flexibility: Daily Shift from Tuesday to Saturday.
- Working under pressure
- Analytical skills
- Emotional intelligence: show empathy to others, active listening skills, interested in making a good environment with their team, able to resolve conflicts with others, doesn’t let stress affect their relationship with others, assertive.
- Team work
- Good communication skills.
- Good approach for receiving constructive feedback.
DPDHL offers excellent opportunities of professional growth, a multicultural environment, with attractive benefits package and competitive salary conditions.
Interested in this position please click on “Apply” and send us your application including your resume.
We are looking forward to your application.
Facts and Figures
<15% of the time
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn