Customer Contact Advisor
Provincia de Heredia, Costa Rica DHL Express 210050V 4. May, 2021Apply
Provides a variety of customer service support duties to customers. Ensures
timely and accurate information is provided to customers in a professional
Responds to inquires through chat, phone, mail, email.fax, website, and/or face
to face contact with customers.
Promotes and sells the company’s products and services. Provides operational
management and support at call center locations to ensure efficient and timely
resolutions of customer service issues.
Confidently and knowledgeably provide the full suite of DHL customer service
offerings (eg. booking, enquiries, shipment status, tracking etc) to all parties
contacting DHL via the customer service 800 number and other contact modes.
• Attentively track & trace shipments, rectify shipping errors, product ordering, delivery status, and pick up/drop offs.
• Field a high volume of customer inbound calls and assess our customers’ needs, promoting DHL Express services and products and distributing calls
• Effectively manage a variety of database and web based programs in order to provide a timely response to customers.
• Utilize your leadership skills by coordinating with other departments when outages occur and calls must be redirected.
• Offer alternatives to customers and potentially turn information calls into sales leads or identify other additional value added services to customers
when opportunities arise during the course of interaction.
• Respond to customers consistently and confidently by providing accurate information in all areas such as shipment status and tracking. US documentation requirements, custom requirements, transit time and prices.
• Enhance service experience in DHL by exercising professionalism and empathy when dealing with each individual customer's varying needs and
• Increase customer use of self-service options by answering questions on use and navigation of DHLUSA Website, TAS, EEF, Webship and by making
appropriate recommendations for their use.
Sub function Department
• Liaise with Operations Department and other departments on quick and efficient resolution of customer issues and queries.
Service Improvement Issues
• Identify areas for improvement by suggesting solutions to improve DHL's procedures, technology and service to positively enhance customer's
experience with DHL.
• Adhere to existing Customer Service procedures as outlined in the department manuals, while maintaining discretion to exercise flexibility to customers needs within reasonable limits in consultation with CS supervisors and managers.
Incumbent has no direct report and authority over country line and functional personnel.
• Typing skills (excellent)
• Telephone skills (excellent)
• Conflict resolution skills (excellent)
• Technical Skills (Telephone and Order Booking systems preferable)
• Communication skills - spoken and written (excellent)
• Interpersonal skills (excellent)
• Problem solving skills (excellent)
•Having a high level of computer skills proficiency
• Being passionate of supporting others to solve customer’ needs.
• Interacting assertively with people by making use of your great verbal and
written communication skills.
• Listening assertively and provide responsive attention to customer’ needs.
Skills/Qualifications segment "Business"
Analysis: Breaks down customer problems or situations into their component
parts, understands the stated issues and the unstated issues, and understands
the nature of parts and their relationship to one another. Seeks out and critically
evaluates both numerical and narrative information. Draws accurate conclusions.
Planning & Organizing: Establishes a course of action and a sequence of steps to
ensure that activities and objectives are efficiently achieved. Is structured with
good personal organization. Uses efficient work methods and tools.
Decision Making: Makes timely and appropriate choices based on accurate
analysis and experience. Uses sound judgment.
Results Orientation: Continually seeks to accomplish critical tasks with
measurable results. Overcomes obstacles and makes adjustments to achieve
results. Focuses self to achieve targets aligned with business goals.
Skills/Qualifications segment “Leadership”
Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others to achieve target and objectives.
Accomplishes own tasks in support of team goals and actively offers to help
colleagues. Supports groups decisions.
Skills/Qualifications segment “Personal”
Accountability: Acts responsible. Can be counted on the keep commitments.
Complies with policies, procedures and agreements. Builds other’s trust in own
professionalism, integrity, expertise and ability to get results.
Communication: Provides both verbal and written information in a timely, clear
and needs of others. Listens attentively, and summarizes or asks questions when
needed, to clarify information. Accepts and implements feedback on
performance and opportunities for improvement.
Self Management: Remains calm, objective and controlled in responding to
urgent or demanding situations. Maintains effective performance under
pressure. Stays positive.
- 1 year experience in a Customer Service role (desired)
- Experience working in teams (desired)
- High School Diploma or GED required
Facts and Figures
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn