Head of Applications
Would you like to be part of the most international company in the world? A company operating in more countries than any other, who have pioneered cross border express shipping since 1969.
Would you like to be part of a business that connects people across the world? And the more we connect, the better life on Earth becomes.
Do you want to make a difference? Then join our insanely Customer-centric team.
GREAT MANAGERS CONNECT WITH THEIR TEAMS.
OUR 21ST CENTURY MANAGERS CONNECT TEAMS THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE TO THE WORLD.
For our DHL Express IT department in Pratteln we are looking for a
Head of Applications starting as soon as possible or upon agreement.
You will report directly to the CIO of Express Switzerland. In this challenging role you are responsible for the ongoing support, maintenance and improvement of our mission critical Swiss Customs Clearance applications and interfaces. You manage, develop and support an 8 person team, including 5 direct reports and 2 supervisors.The skillset of the team includes development, 2nd & 3rd level support, analysis, quality assurance and project management.
- Actively lead and support the staff while collaborating with other Country IT departments & internal business partners on Swiss Customs Clearance changes, projects, 7x24 run service and support resolution enabling the business to perform and improve
- Together with the CIO and IT management, create and deliver the Country IT Roadmap, including Swiss Customs Clearance implementations, continuous improvement initiatives and solution migration projects as agreed with business partners and aligned with European IT Strategy
- Assign department resources including from time to time external contractors to ensure ongoing run support and delivery of Swiss Customs Clearance changes and projects, provide visibility regularly and resolve prioritization decisions with IT management and business stakeholders
- Serve as point of escalation to resolve conflicts and clear roadblocks
- Foster a collaboration culture through teamwork, development planning, best practice sharing and active leadership
- Working relationship with the other Head of IT departments to adopt formal processes and scheduling for the deployment of highly integrated Swiss Customs Clearance system platforms
- Working relationship with the European Director of IT & Operations Programs to deliver and enhance the roadmap of Customs Clearance solutions
- Working relationship with IT service management to institutionalise, improve and secure support services provided both internally and outsourced
Our requirements for this function are:
- Advanced University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field
- More than 10 years of experience in both IT Management and direct Personnel Management
- Significant experience in IT application development, planning, control, deployment and support
- History of leading application change management programs
- Experience in large sophisticated organization with high volume/high transaction environment including the physical shipment of goods
- Energetic, hands-on, result oriented and passionate about providing great service quality
- Able to work independently and as part of a multi-national Team
- Skilled to communicate with technical and non-technical employees
- A sustainable problem solver
- Ability to communicate business and technical requirements to both business and technical staff
- Familiarity with Java 8, WebDev/WinDev 18, Perl, Oracle DB & WebLogic 12, Informix 11, Linux
RedHat, WS 2012 in a mainly virtual environment
- Languages: English business fluent (written & spoken), French and German are an advantage
You can expect:
- A highly motivated and engaged IT team, which gives its best everyday
- A manager with and open and collegial management style who builds upon your strengths
- A work environment, where you can develop yourself and great performance is recognized
- People, who are enjoying their work and appreciating each other
Are you interested? Please apply online.
Facts and Figures
DHL Express Switzerland
Work Permit Required