VMWARE System Engineer
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer – VMWARE System Engineer is responsible for VMware virtual environment – Design, build, maintenance and issues resolution with both the regional and global infrastructure.
YOUR DAILY WORK:
- Develop procedures and tools for build of the virtualization platform, design build of virtual machines, operations of virtual machines, operations and further development of the virtualization platform.
- Install and maintain VMWARE infrastructure servers and their routine upgrades.
- Responsible for capacity planning of virtual global and regional environment.
- Deliver technical implementation of standard build.
- Actively participate in project technical designs with service architects concentrating on virtual environment designs and document them.
- Provide technical consultancy to DHL customers to support the implementation.
- The response to and resolution of issues with both the regional and global infrastructure of virtual environment.
- Document the architecture and all procedures; prepare guidelines for other teams working with the platform.
- Proficient with VMware vSphere and related products
- Experience with Scripting Languages used for vmware platform
- Aware of Windows and Linux RHEL operating systems
- Minimally 3-5 years experience in IT operations department supporting business critical systems in corresponding area
- Experience in a large, multi vendor, computing environment preferable
- High school/University degree specialized to computer/technical area
- Ability to build and maintain partnerships
- Good English language knowledge
Facts and Figures
DHL Information Services (Europe) s.r.o.
No travel required