System Support Specialist – Linux Operations Team
Responsible for the resolution of issues within within IT Services and for the development/maintenance of related tools and services.
Responds to and resolves issues with both the regional and the global infrastructure server environment setup hosted within DHL IT Services – 2nd level of Linux/UNIX server support.
Consults as required on a project by project basis on server specification, capacity and technical standards.
• 2nd level administration of RHEL
• Resolve incidents concerning OS/HW on a day-to-day basis
• Cooperating on automation projects
• Managing Security on servers
• Troubleshoot server hardware
• Incident and Change management
• Oversees from OS level perspective the administration of all applications on Linux based servers by using appropriate monitoring tools
• Ensures continuous support is provided regarding operating system, software and hardware issues by answering questions and/or resolving problems
• Frequent contact and collaboration with IT support colleagues globally
• Documenting of activities and processes
• Development, support and maintenance of related tools and services
You should have:
• Knowledge of Linux server administration skills (we use RHEL 5,6,7)
• Advanced English
• Ability to get quickly from problem to solution
• Experience with IT support activities
We welcome: scripting knowledge (PHP, bash, Perl, Python), basic knowledge of Veritas, File storage (NAS) and MySQL
• Internal and external trainings
• Great team of IT professionals and possibility of technical development
• Full support from senior colleagues
• Modern offices in Chodov next to metro station
• Huge number of internal job opportunities within the company
• Home office
• Permanent contract
• Wide range of benefits (Extra week of holiday (25 days/year), 6 Self-sickness days/year, Full salary compensation for up to 10 days absence due to illness per calendar year, Lunch and FlexiPass vouchers fully covered by DHL, Pension plan contribution, Multisport card, mobile and laptop, fruit days, sport clubs for employees....).
For junior candidates we offer full technical onboarding.
Facts and Figures
DHL IT Services Europe
Work Permit Required