IT Strategy and Excellence Consultant
What Do We Offer?
Work within a highly-visible, empowered role that supports the highest management levels within DHL IT Services - Production Services. We are a global organization, with over 2800 associates across Europe, Asia and the Americas, supporting a user community of nearly 500,000 DP DHL colleagues. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with the ability to see the big picture, recognize patterns and propose & execute solutions. The scope of the work is multi-disciplined, global and offers an opportunity to generate significant operational impact and help shape our direction.
About Our Team
The Service Excellence team’s primary role is to address Strategy & Operations factors that impact IT “Run” performance including: strategic planning, performance management, process improvement as well as evaluation of IT costs, talent & resource planning, financial analysis, etc. We play an important role in IT Transformation consulting across the organization.
What Would You Do?
To start, the role of IT Strategy and Excellence Consultant will focus on “Performance Management”. Over time, the role’s scope will expand to include “Strategic Planning & Execution”. You would work with Heads of Dept. and their senior managers to help steer the organization towards being a value-driven IT organization.
- Develop a systematic approach to measuring performance of IT Run operations, processes and employees (e.g., define KPI logic & reporting requirements; implement within reporting systems; establish supporting processes, etc.)
- Analyze operational performance and consult with internal teams to identify & drive improvement measure
Strategic Planning and Execution
- Strategic planning activities including market research, define & evaluate business strategies, conduct financial analyses, etc.
- Facilitate the definition & execution of each department’s strategic roadmap & Annual Plan
- Act in a Consultant and/or Project Management capacity for select strategic initiatives, helping departments with delivery, KPIs and structuring topics to facilitate executive decision-making
What Kind of Candidates Are Best Suited For this Role?
- Minimum Education Requirements: a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Computer Engineering. An MBA is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years post-graduate experience working as a Consultant, preferably for either one of the “Big 5” Accounting / Consulting firms, an IT Consultancy
- A total of 8 – 10 years of work experience
- Demonstrable ability to turn complex & ambiguous topics into clear & actionable content suited for an Executive audience
- Strong analytical & interpersonal skills
- An awareness & understanding of topics impacting IT operations (e.g., DevOps, Hybrid & Multi-Cloud, Big Data and/or Data Lake; Automation
Facts and Figures
DHL IT Services Europe
Work Permit Required
Day time only