Senior Consultant – Telecom Operations/Network
Prague, Hlavní město Praha, Czechia Global Business Services 32269 17. June, 2020Apply
Overall Role Purpose:
To be the single point of contact (SPOC) for the Telecoms Operations, within a designated Region
Provide one face to the business units for all Telecoms RUN services
- Key Escalation point for Telecom RUN issues
- Manage escalations arising from non performance of Vendors
- Responsible for Service Operations Management covering ITS delivered services and those shared telecoms services delivered via 3rd Parties
Conduct Services Reviews, internally and externally
- Review service provision against agreed SLAs with business partners
- Take part in regular operational reviews , together with the Regional BU’s for shared telecoms services with the relevant xTO providers
Contribute to developing a sourcing strategy, including outsourcing, for the telecoms requirements of DPDHL, both within the designated region and globally
- Contribute to establishing a quality and cost based performance and vendor management strategy as directed by ITSMB by collaborating with the management of DPDHL business units, service providers and industry experts at the highest levels, within the designated Region.
Responsible Management of telecoms operations within the designated Region
- Review vendor Operational performance in the marketplace and exploit vendor and service delivery developments in the Telecoms services market
- In collaboration with the DPDHL business units review the operational performance of the xTO provider
- Ensure internal operational and cost excellence by setting, measuring and benchmarking KPI’s in line with industry best practice standards
- Understand the business model of DPDHL business partners, their needs, limitations and the market landscape in which they operate and how these translate into telecoms needs
Telecoms Expense Management (ITS)
- Ensure that internal systems, processes and methodologies are followed to ensure effective monitoring, control and support of the regional Telecoms operations.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Comprehensive knowledge (10+ years) of Information Technology and in particular Telecoms
- Strategy and IT service delivery, in particular in Telecoms environment
- Strong skills in developing concepts and strategy
- Comprehensive knowledge in vendor management
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial concepts, especially with regards IT cost models and cost analysis
- Strong skills in data analysis and reporting
- Proven record in working with third parties on benchmarking and peer comparisons
- Proven record in understanding impact of technology on cost and quality
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills: Ability to accomplish results through others, particularly by establishing relationships with partners
- Experience of indirect management – managing by influence as opposed to positional authority.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy to understand business terms to senior leaders
- Knowledge of business environment, service requirements and culture
- Process skills; an understanding of process costs, ability to work with supplier to ensure effective operations and agreed upon service levels
- Commercial skills: Good understanding of total cost of technology
- Demonstrated ability to assess customer/client needs, creatively approach solutions, decide and influence appropriate courses of action
- Telecoms knowledge
Facts and Figures
DHL Information Services (Europe) s.r.o.
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn