Principal Network Engineer
Prague, Hlavní město Praha, Czechia Global Business Services 30348 21. May, 2020Apply
Our main role as a Network Engineers is to providing consultancy, design and deployment of telecommunications services delivered by DHL ITS across the globe for the vast amount of technologies that include (but not limited to): WAN (Wide Area Network) connectivity, WAN Optimization, Wireless LAN (Wi-Fi), Centralized FAX (Fax over IP), Voice over IP, Video over IP (videoconferencing, webcast), load balancers, proxies, DHCP, DNS, firewalls.
Managing design optimization, capacity extensions and product lifecycle of global telecoms infrastructure including ITS Data Centers.
We are a team of people that have to ensure that networking and Telco infrastructure shared by all Business Units does not suffers any capacity issues, is up-to-date and fully supported by technology suppliers and is designed in most optimal way.
YOUR DAILY TASKS:
• Co-ordinate and lead incident resolution for Telecom related incidents
• Co-ordinate technical information gathering from internal/external customers during incident resolution. To be the SME of telecommunications and support the Service Centers' overall telecommunications infrastructure
• You will be responsible for the resolution of business-critical incidents by providing interim and permanent technical solutions within Telecom support framework
• Resolve and diagnose incident trends and network capacity to enable the correct capacity planning and capabilities of existing infrastructure, to accurately and cost effective meet business demand
• Participate in changes and follow the change control process
• Monitor, analyze, report, and solve events having adverse effect on the infrastructure
• Provide guidance and coaching to the junior engineers
• To be the go-to person for the team members, provide guidance and support to the team
APPLICATION YOU WILL USE:
• SNMP and flow based monitoring and analysis tools
• Network scanning and discovery tools
• Syslog and event data analyzers
• Proprietary platform specific tools from leading telecom vendors such are Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet, Riverbed, etc.
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
• Minimum 8 years of Telecoms experience
• Good English language skills
• Very good understanding of general telecom standards
• Excellent TCP/IP knowledge, networking knowledge (on CCNA/CCNP/CCIE level)
• Deep understanding of switching / routing technologies, VPN technologies, proxy concepts and telecom security concepts
• Knowledge of network behavior for typical enterprise applications and use cases including voice and video services
WHAT IS THE PLUS POINT (S)
• ITIL Foundation/ Certification knowledge a plus
• Great team of IT professionals and the possibility of technical development
• Modern offices in Chodov
• Home office possibilities
• Permanent contract
• Company Car
• CAFETERIA employee benefit program with wide selection of benefits from Edenred
• Extra week of holiday (25 days/year), 6 Self-sickness days/year, Full salary compensation for up to 10 days absence due to illness per calendar year, Lunch vouchers fully covered by the employer
• Multisport card, mobile and laptop, fruit days, sport clubs for employees, Referral program……
• Pension plan contribution, Long term sickness Insurance
Facts and Figures
DHL Information Services (Europe) s.r.o.
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn