Pricing Specialist - Portland
What makes DHL great? Our people! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Delivery and Logistics Company in the world.
DHL currently has an opportunity available for a Sales Support Pricing Specialist. Based in Portland, OR, the Sales Support Pricing Specialist must have a strategic mindset, winning attitude and a proven track record of analytical experience in the Freight Forwarding Industry.
You will discover the excitement of being a valued partner to existing customers and leveraging relations to expand the business. You will collaborate with other key members of the DHL team to further enhance the customer experience while ensuring we have a strong strategy to grow market share across the territory.
How will you contribute to the success of DHL? You will use your skill, influence, and enthusiasm to:
- Monitor all activity generated by the Online Quoting Tool (OQT)
- Execute necessary follow up activities (calling customer, scheduling e-booking within the system, interfacing with the local stations to ensure proper handling etc.)
- Remarket and lead generation activities to ensure we are connecting with all potential customers
- Responsible for compiling Air sell rates/RFQ’s for DHL’s cross business customers
- Maintain and update pricing templates
- Perform ad-hoc internet RFQ activities when needed
- Track and report the results of all pricing activities within their scope
- Provides clients with a seamless customer-centric interface into DHL
Do you have what it takes?
- Knowledge of Airfreight forwarding business (2+ years preferred)
- Pro-active, strong organizational skills and ability to cope with multiple requests in parallel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong PC capabilities, including MS Office Suite (primarily Excel)
- Commercial experience/capabilities
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its employees, society, and environment. You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL. We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away from work to achieve a healthy work/life balance. DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
• Paid time
• Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
• 401K plan with a match
• Employee Discount plan
• Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading logistics company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL. We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
DHL Global Forwarding, Freight is the Group's air, ocean and road freight specialist. We offer standardized transport as well as highly specialized end-to-end solutions to customers in a wide range of industries globally. Over 42,000 employees are employed by DGFF in approximately 150 countries around the world. Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
Facts and Figures
Work Permit Required