Senior Accountant - RTR Cash and Banking
Would you like to be a part of the company that wherever you are in the world, you’re never far from one of vans, trucks, warehouses, scooters, planes, boats or your colleagues?
At Deutsche Post DHL, we connect people, improving their lives across 220 countries worldwide and offer unparalleled expertise in logistics solutions as well as international mail services.
In RTR Cash and Banking department you will ensure timely, accurate and complete financial reports are prepared in accordance with DHL policies. You will supervise General Ledger team for cluster in order to deliver all General Ledger activities in line with Service Level Agreements and in accordance with Accounting principles and Corporate policies while managing and maintaining respective SOPs and coaching and developing of RTR staff in a Shared Service Centre Environment.
If this is something what interest you, read on:
- To perform general ledger journal entries timely and accurately
- To prepare general month end ledger reports for month-end closing
- To monitor/Process daily bank statements
- To perform daily transitory accounts clearing and monthly bank reconciliation
- To perform fixed asset capitalization, disposal, transfer and retirement activities
- To generate monthly fixed asset reports
- To ensure monthly manual recharges are issued timely and accurately (e.g. SLA recharges)
- To perform monthly inter-company reconciliations and confirmations in line with DPDHL IC guidelines
- To support the analytical review (balance sheet and profit & loss)
- To prepare and review balance sheet account reconciliations for specific account ranges in line with the DHL Express Regional Operating Model. Ensure that all relevant backups are stored in the appropriate location.
- To provide support for internal Financial Accounting control policies and procedures (CRISP controls)
- To provide support for quality control of outsourced Financial Accounting activities
- To ensure the financial accounts (balance sheets, P&L and Notes) are kept in line with IFRS, Deutsche Post DHL policy and guidelines, and the DHL Express Regional Operating Model.
- To support the audit process (internal and external) in the most efficient way
- To maintain and validate documentation: SOP's, job aids, process flows, contingency plans and Period-end timetables.
- To support continuous improvements in the financial accounting processes, based on First Choice and LEAN methodology and principles.
Qualifications and Experience
• ACCA Level 2 and or Degree in Finance/Accounting
Expected (Years of) Experience:
• 2 to 5 years of working experience, preferably in the finance accounting field
• Experience with Oracle/SAP/SUN applications and data extraction tools like Oracle Discoverer is an asset
• Strong command in MS Office, especially MS Excel
A Preferred Candidate has been identified
Do you see a personal challenge in these versatile and responsible tasks?
DPDHL offers excellent opportunities of professional growth, a multicultural environment, with attractive benefits package and competitive salary conditions.
Interested in this position, please click on "APPLY"
Facts and Figures
<15% of the time
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn